War over preparing for WT study

by cookiemaster 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• cookiemaster
    cookiemaster

I know that title sounds weird but so is this situation. With the following information I'm about to desconspire myself a little bit, but I don't really care since I will simply deny it if any of my elders are lurking here. Anyway the situation is the following. Due to financial trouble, our family, including myself, moved from a big city to a very small town where we owned a house. We are the only witnesses here. The nearest hall is in another town something like 20 miles away.( I can't even explain how nice it is to move from a place with something like 15 congos, the streets being filled with witnesses, to a place with no witnesses).

Living now here, with only my family being witnesses, is almost like I'm not a witness, not in a cult. It's wonderful. Anyway, 10-15 miles away in other small towns there are some other witnesses. We were instructed by the CO to form a group and have regular Sunday WT studies. These neighbouring witnesses are real nutjobs. They are extremely fanatical and hardcore. So we begin Sunday study, which is hosted at our house every week. We belong to the congo 20 miles away, so that's where we report to and the elders come from there. This has been going on for about six months now. None of us have any "privileges" other than me being assigned to read the WT every Sunday. To there's this MS that conducts the study, and he's very fanatical usually.

You should hear what pure cult crap he spits out. Anyway, even since we began hosting the study he's been picking on our family during the study because we don't have any markings on our WT magazines so it doesn't show we've prepared. (we just don't like to do it because you don't need to "prepare" to spit an obvious answer from a paragraph). The WT study takes about 2 hours with him (I kid you not, the man spends about 20 minutes just analyzing the pictures) even though it should normally last 45 minutes. He keeps telling us during the study that we should have the WT magazine answers marked, the bible verses written on the side, have the answers already written on a piece of paper and all kinds of crap. My family, myself included, refuses to do any of that. We pissed him off so now he's directly insulting us during the WT, with everyone present(at least that's what happened last Sunday). Now my parents are planning to kick him and everyone else out of the house at the next WT study, and I'm certainly going to enthusiatically participate. That will be fun to watch ! Anyway, do you think something like this will get us disfellowshipped ? I would love if we would all get disfellowshiped together (bahahahahahahahah).

• blondie
    blondie

So is he an elder or an MS? Have any elders designated this an official group and assigned a semi-qualified person to conduct? I can't imagine that even a small group functions without elder supervision.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Sounds like fun!

If this guy has wandered off the reservation, maybe you should tape him to have some evidence. Does he say stuff that is so beyond what the WT says that it would be incriminating if the CO heard it?

Anyway, best of luck with the showdown!

• baltar447
    baltar447

LOL! That sounds awesome. Good for your family! Any chance you can record this so we can hear it?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I would call Bethel for clarification. Does not marking up a WT insult the work of the brothers at the factory who already printed the text? I never studied a WT! It is hell enough sitting through a WT study. The answer is in the text.

• sspo
    sspo

Just turn him him for letting the study run for two hours. Stick to the watchtower guidelines.

• Syme
    Syme

No, don't be afraid. In fact, *he* is the one out of line here, even by WTS standards.

Kick him all you want, he won't be holding long his position since: (a) he takes double time (2h) to complete the lesson, (b) he insults brothers in the audience, (c) he comments too much on the lesson, instead of letting the audience do the most commenting, (d) he instructs the audience with arbitrary rules as to how they should prepare for the study.

All those 4 reasons are legitimate causes for him to be relieved of his assignment. If you are in good terms with an elder of his congo, shoot freely.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Guy sounds like he's on a power trip.

Why would you spend time immersing yourself with ignorance and corruption from this religious

publishing house ?

Most of these people there are pretentious idiots, particularly the elders and their wifes if they have any.

Cant figure out why would someone join a organization that continually lies, causes thousands of needless

deaths including children, broken apart millions of families all since its beginning ?

....and secretly cultivates hundreds of millions of dollars underneath its members eyes.

Where is the intelligence and personal integrity ?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

he's been picking on our family during the study because we don't have any markings on our WT magazines so it doesn't show we've prepared.

(we just don't like to do it because you don't need to "prepare" to spit an obvious answer from a paragraph).

......................................................................................................................................Good!!..

.....WBT$ HeadQuarters.............We Know WBT$ Stupid Answers!............. I have WBT$ Stupid Questions..

.......................................................................................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

First of all, he's got alot of nerve disrespecting you in your own home. Secondly, hosting the study and reading the paragraphs are both "privileges". If you toss him out of your house and/or cuss him out, you lose. The nut-job will have the moral high ground, but I will make you feel better. The ball's in your court, obviously you are not required to provide your home as a meeting place.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit