Is it possible to love 2 people at same time?

by butalbee 39 Replies latest social relationships

• butalbee
    butalbee

Jane Doe once upon a time had a dream life, she had the perfect man, who would've done anything for her, and did everything just for her, loved her wholeheartedly, dedicating the rest of his life to make her happy. Well, one day Joe Blow comes along, and sweeps Jane off her feet, w/ his delightful smile and his vivacious personality--and Jane starts to get confused: she has deeps feeling for John Doe, but she just can't resist this joe blow. Somehow, in the middle of ruining her dream life--the nice house, loving, caring person to share it with, she finds herself totally smittened by Joe Blow, and starts thinking about him more than she thinks about her John Doe dude. This is a woman who had everything, but because of one mistake(meeting Joe Blow, and feeling she was falling in love w/ him too) she lost everything. And now has no one, no one to share her life with. But my question is, is it possible to be in love with two people at the same time? Is the human emotions really capable of this duo love. Or is it only sexual, and nothing more? I mean this is a situation that ruined 3 people's life, and now all for nothing....I would love to hear anyone's insight on this, please.

• LB
    LB

I don't for a second believe it's possible to love two at once. It's possible to do two people at once. Heck even more if you can. I think it's very possible to convince a woman that you can love two at once. Very effective tool.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• seedy3
    seedy3

Yes as a matter fo fact I do feel and know it is possible to Love 2 people. I myself am in that very position, they both know of my feelings for them and each other. The problem is that people often do not accept that it is possible. They by the Grace of the xtian church and others simular it is distainful thing to have a loving relationship with more then one person. I feel it is very natural, my wife is not threatend by it, I continually reassure her that she is my love and my life, but she knows I also love this other woman too. We are very comfortable with the situation. The thing is also that there can not be any threats to my wifes world and our family. My second love does not want me to be her husband and does not want to take my wifes family away from her. We are as close as 2 people could be without being hitched in one way or another.

It can be a very touchy situation and is not recomended for most, as the human nature is twords jelousy, so I would not recommend it for most anyone.

I know it actually sounds crazy, but it really is not.

Seedy

• the follower
    the follower

If somone says they love two people at once they are wrong:

the truth is they only love one person - themselves

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Yes it is possible.

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• the follower
    the follower

"We are very comfortable with the situation."

Maybe, but I would guess that some are more "confortable" than others

• butalbee
    butalbee

Wow--Seedy--you're living every mans fantasies, a wife who understands and a lover who wants only that.

Ok, now to make matters worse: this Joe Blow is a witness, and Jane is still feeling head over heels for him, once even was gonna convert just for him. John doe is a very jealous man, very hurt by Jane's infidelity. Even though they were never married, they played house: as a couple. He trusted her w/ all his heart and cuz of this his trust is gone. Can trust be earned back again after this sort of situation or is is gone for good? No salvating it?

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Of course it's possible.

• seedy3
    seedy3

Follower,

If that is meaning that you think I am more comfortable then my wife is with it, you are very wrong. My wife and her are very close as well, and encourages her to come over often. The two of them have discussed it to great length, as they were both afraid, at one time, that they may step on each other and make each other feel threatnd, They are both very comfortable with the situation.

Seedy

• the follower
    the follower

a better question might be:

is it possible to love just one prson at a time?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit