Billy's Comments You Won't Hear at the 01-26-2014 WT Study (Obey Jehovah's Shepherds))

by Billy the Ex-Bethelite 52 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

saul, I see that you're back to play the judge of everyone. Clearly you've learned nothing during the past week.

"I’m an advent Crusader, last remnants of the Knights Templar, and an Ex-Witness."

Lovely. Then you realize that you are an apostate and all JWs will shun you, never reading a word you write on this forum or any other. Since you can't go try to mislead current JWs with your self-aggrandizing, you've come here to try to mislead those of us who've opened our eyes to TTATT. Do you really think we've chosen to leave the cult of WT to join the cult of sauloftarsus?

And you understand that Watchtower is promising that very soon rocks will fall from the sky on your head and birds will peck your eyeballs out of the sockets because you have apostatized from the Jehovah's Witnesses to join the Knights Templar. And since you're a knight, your armor and horse won't be able to protect you when the Governing Body tells Jesus that you must die!

By all means continue defending the teachings of how JWs believe that you are now a servant of Satan and deserving of permanent destruction. Since you've chosen to agree with JWs, you realize that the only future you look forward to is death at armageddon... very soon now.

In light of the fact that in your post #13, you defend the practice of shunning, I, as a baptized JW who is neither disfellowshipped nor disassociated, have no choice but to shun you. In fact, DFd JWs are expected to also shun apostates like you. This really is for your own good. Consequently, if you post on my threads in the future, your behavior will be in violation of WT policy and you are an evil apostate clearly trying to mislead us to join your religion! You may silently sit in the back row until such a time as you are judged repentant by a JWN judicial committee.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Riley, "My siblings response was "Where will we go?""

That's the WT brainwashing kicking in. The scriptural question is "Who?" and the answer is "Jesus". One of the best responses I've read on here is: "If your house is on fire and you're standing in the doorway, will you stop to ask "But where will I go?" Would you explain to the firemen that you can't leave the burning building until you have a new house ready to move into? No indeed! Get out of the burning house! You can find plenty of non-burning buildings to move into once you get out.

...just don't move into another building that is already engulfed in flames.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

I'm having a hard time understanding how the words "OBEY" and "SHEPHERD" are even in the same sentence.

These guys just get whackier day-by-day. They are just control hungry men on a powertrip.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

In giving direction to fellow believers, elders provide encouragement and counsel based either on the Scriptures themselves or on Scriptural principles. Their objective in providing such guidance is not to dictate how their brothers should live their lives.

Well that's just a bald-faced lie.

How can anyone give "direction" or "guidance" to another person without "dictating" what that other person should do? It's implicit in the context of JW culture than any alleged "direction" or "guidance" is that same thing as a command.

Let's be real. When the WTBTS, and by extension the elders, offer a "suggestion," any JW with even half a brain knows what they are supposed to do: Obey. Duh! Look at the title of the article!!!

Let's not forget that little gem from last week, paragraph 17:

• At that time, the lifesaving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not.

The writers of these articles are just so dishonest about their own intentions it makes me want to puke.

I'd love to get my hands around the necks of the people that write this crap!

It's a fearful thing to fall into the hands of a pissed off ex-JW! - Oubliette 10:31

- I really hate this fucking religion! -

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

'OBEY JEHOVAH'S SHEPHERDS'. Those three words are a telltale sign that there are problems in WT world.

There must be reports that WT is getting from COs and DOs that there is a tendency of mutiny and rebellion taking place among the 100,000+ congregations of JWs....Otherwise why entitle the article:

'OBEY JEHOVAH'S SHEPHERDS'?

The title comes across too much as a command.

I mean, they could have entitled it ...'THE JOY OF OBEYING JEHOVAH'S SHEPHERDS'. But no they had to word the title as a directive. Hmm!

Good work Billy!

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

I very rarely give comments from the literature. I try to make it in harmony with the lesson but try to bring out a different point. Many times the Elder just looks at me, because I'm making him & the congregation think. I remember once we were talking about Paul & how when he spoke to the weak he became weak, when he spoke to a jew he became a jew, so I said, we can liken Paul to a spiritual chameleon....chameleon's change colors but never their form. Whe I finished the comment, there was an ah...& after many of the friends came to me and said what a nice comment & they never thought of it that way. I have said many to make them just think outside the box a bit...remember when God lead the Jews by a cloud in the day & fire by night, so I said God thinks of everything...the cloud was to protect them from the days heat & the fire to keep them warm at night...

Yesterday, re: Elders, I said they were like helicopters, just hovering over the flock & if need be...they will land & help...& that God uses imperfect folks because we are imperfect, so we can all identify with one another...& so on..the Brother lost his place...I have found to give a comment that may not be in the magazine, is not a bad thing, but make sure it's in harmony with the lesson, but just may take a right turn. Not always do I do that, I may at times just add a little to whatever the magazine says..I got a bunch of comments...I have yet to say...but I have a waiting attitude...

Legacy

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

6 When addressing the overseers of the first-century congregation in Ephesus, the apostle Paul pointed out that holy spirit had appointed them overseers “to shepherd the congregation of God.” (Acts 20:28) The same is true of Christian overseers today, since they too are appointed on the basis of Scriptural requirements inspired by the holy spirit. Thus, obeying Christian overseers shows our respect for Jehovah and Jesus, the two greatest Shepherds. (Luke 10:16) Surely this should be the foremost reason why we desire to be submissive to the elders. However, there are also other factors that make such compliance wise.

There they go again, confusing the need to be submissive to God, with their desire that we be submissive to THEM. Note that elders appointments are "on the basis of Scriptural requirements inspired by the H/S" . That does not make it a H/S appointment. It means that the existing BOE have sat down and said "As far as we can tell he lives up to these things" The C/O rubber stamps it, as does the Branch Office and an appointment is made. It all depends on the subjective opinion of those elders, and what they know of the man. We have all known appointments of bro's whom, it turned out later were no where near ready....

But The Org. depends on unity and that depends on submission to those in charge. So the mystique is kept up. The elders play the game, pretending that they believe that H/S has appointed them - and like an army the congs move forward each one doing as they are told never questioning, never thinking

• label licker
    label licker

Hey Billy, enjoyed your comments and you have a pm.

• linuxbob
    linuxbob

Thank you Billy.

LB

• wheres caleb?
    wheres caleb?

@ Legacy: I enjoyed your post.

@ BluesBrothers: I have enjoyed your posts for years. Always well done and your depth of understanding always teaches me more.

@ Billy the Ex-Bethelite: Thanks for posting this article. All they have is their small minds, and small minds can only produce small thoughts. There is no evidence of spiritual direction no matter what they choose to believe. I'm not condemning them but they offer nothing that is deserving of my blind faith. I have something that they can only pretend to have, and that is clarity of thought.

My life is not perfect, but my life is free of the 'imperfection excuse' that is rampant among those that claim to have the truth.

I used to ask elders this question: "Are you an elder, a shepherd, or a servant?" (I don't recommend this, but I can get away with it.)

Clever elders might respond by saying, "I'm all three." My response had a tinge of sarcasm, "Really? Are you sure?"

It became apparent that my healing was progressing when I no longer needed to stroke my ego at their expense.

It's ironic. I have made the decision not to have any business dealings or any contact with witnesses because I don't find them to be good association or upbuilding. I don't hate them but it is evident that they have nothing to offer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit