Billy's Comments You Won't Hear at the 01-26-2014 WT Study (Obey Jehovah's Shepherds))

by Billy the Ex-Bethelite 52 Replies latest watchtower bible

• billythekid46
    billythekid46

Doesn’t the Catholic Church dictate what your morals should be? If they stop, their priest will molest children and when someone finds out, the church just moves them. Wait that’s what they were doing until it all came out on Media. I want to live where you people live. Sound great not to wake up without having anyone tell me what to do. I’ve been dumb to go through life being told what to do by my parents, my teacher, schools, universities, government, when I go eat, drink. Tell me, where is this paradise I want in, please.

Another question:

This comment is not for the Atheist, or Creationist, but for True Christians that don’t blaspheme against the word of God. Mind you by following God’s written word in the bible, NOT RELIGION: From the King James Bible 1611 Apostle Paul wrote @ Timothy 3: 12 Yea, and all that will lieu godly in Christ Jesus, shall suffer persecution. 13 But evil men and seducers shall wade worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceiued. 14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned, and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them. 15 And that from a childe thou hast known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make thee wise onto salvation through faith which is in Christ Iesus. 16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, & is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished onto all good works.

What does it accomplish to talk or write negative comments about JW’s? Nothing, but then again, everything. Will it bring down the Watchtower? No, but it makes us feel better to speak our truth it helps those who are seeking answers about this religion, it exposes the lies, the hypocrisy, the abuse of power.

YOU PEOPLE JUST DISCRIBED EVERY RELIGION KNOWN TO MAN. What makes all religion any better? The Catholic Church has being lying and hidings written works in order for people of the Catholic faith don’t wonder off since the 12 Century. What MAKES as you said YOUR TRUTH anymore tangible. If that’s your understanding, then the LIES, HYPOCRISY, AND ABUSE OF POWER comes from your end along side Catholics, Advents, Islam, Mormons, Evangelist, and Judaism ETC. So once again, what makes you any better? To speak the truth is not to force your view point on others, without corrupting bible principles. Your all theologians I assume. Theology basically started in the 1800's. Those who truly studied the bible are the remnants of what is taught today. PICK AND CHOSE ONE, OR MAKE YOUR OWN BECAUSE GOD GAVE YOU A BETTER UNDERSTANDING THAN THE REST OF US, AND THEN MOVE ON. All religions publish literature for everyone to read. What makes the JW’s literature any more special? The point of views of all religion is for all of us to decide what is the truth, unless you have a direct line to Yahweh, if you do, then I really want to meet such a special person, as all written works of the bible were inspired by God for men to write it. I don’t mean god came to him in a dark alley like Mohammad or Jesus walked with me in a desert like Joseph Smith or I greet God every day in a dark room surrounded by gold to shake God’s hand like the Pope.

• lrkr
    lrkr

Elders are referred to as shepherds because the Bible has a clear shepherds vs. farmers motif. Shepherds are the independant entrepreneurs, close to God, idealized. Farmers are the specialized, captialistic, city dwellers- who are always evil (Cain v. Able)

http://pryorthoughts.blogspot.com/2012/09/farmers-vs-shepherds-really-old-story.html

Sorry to hijack the thread. Couldnt resist.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

@billythekid:

"I want to live where you people live. Sound great not to wake up without having anyone tell me what to do. I’ve been dumb to go through life being told what to do by my parents, my teacher, schools, universities, government, when I go eat, drink. Tell me, where is this paradise I want in, please."

I don't have a religion, I don't need a religion, I don't want a religion, I don't want to start a religion. I don't need a god, I don't need to be saved, I don't need to be forgiven. (apologies to The Who, Baba O'Riley)

I wasn't born in sin, I wasn't born imperfect or perfect.

I am human.

Do I have to listen and obey? Yes, traffic laws, laws about business, conduct, sexual behavior, etc; I have to listen to my bosses.

I count that as completely separate from some uneducated fluffballs in suits telling me they speak for God or god or g-d or Yahweh or Jehovah, and that I need to obey them. They are not that different from uneducated nutjobs proclaiming the fall of Israel; they think god cares, that they alone represent him and that we need to listen to them. Well, I don't have to listen. No one has to listen.

Do I need a religion to tell me to not kill someone, to not commit incest, to not steal?

No.

So, you CAN live where we live.

First consider that the thoughts of bronze age prophets and iron age editors are not any more inspired than what you and I write.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

@billythkid:

"Mind you by following God’s written word in the bible, NOT RELIGION: From the King James Bible 1611 Apostle Paul wrote @ Timothy 3: 12"

The bible was edited and assembled by people who revered the words as coming from god; that IS religion.

There is no quoting the Bible as a neutral source; it is a faith based view of events that may or may not have happened, based on oral histories.

To quote the bible as a guide or a historical reference is inherently a religious act.

• billythekid46
    billythekid46

No that’s o.k. I wouldn’t want to live in a place filled with hate, wait we all live in that place. I believe Jesus was speaking of another place. It’s good to have heard from a non believer in the group. I really haven’t met a non believer so set that when death knocks at their door they don’t wish to grasp at something. In this case it would be the four corners. Earth, wind, fire, and water. Easy to remember. Elders seem what get peoples craw. I never met An Elder that was perfect, but then again neither are Preachers, Fathers, Pastors, Reverend, Bishop, Patriarch, Rabbis, Allamah, Teacher, Dali Lama, Guru Deacons, Chaplin, Abbott, Prior, Monk, Life coach, Volkhvy, Lamane, so forth and so on. I believe since Jesus, no one is perfect as you said, if you believe in that. So to bash 1 you need to include them all. It’s good to obey curricular laws because if we were to challenge them we might get in trouble, I guess that’s what Jesus meant about disobeying God. I’m glad we are able to move on with our own beliefs, live long and prosper.

In all his writings, Charles Dickens—a Christian of the broadest kind—is outspoken in his dislike of evangelicalism and Roman Catholicism, but, especially in his fiction, he is very reluctant to make professions of a specific faith beyond the most general sort of Christianity. Nothing more surely aroused his suspicions about a person's religious faith than a public profession of it, and this aversion formed a fundamental feature of his dislike of evangelicals and dissenters.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Sorry Billy, I am a little late to responding to this...Good Job on the review.

Got to tell you all that the study at our hall was replete with kiss-ups and boot-lickers. Every year, over the past 10 that I can recall, there has been the customary annual study that glorifies the GB and another that glorifies the elders. I just loved the comment from the young bro who just painted with a broad brush how the elders "were really living up to the biblical requirements" and "how privileged our congregation was to have such fine examples." Yep, that's right! He will be an MS in no time!

Just a thought,

SOP

• 4thgen
    4thgen

Billy- Excellent. Overlapping flock, lol

God gave us brains, so we should use them.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

"OBEY Jehovah's Shepherds." You've got to be kidding. As soon as I saw that title I couldn't stomach reading any more.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I have raised livestock, including sheep and goats. Whenever I read this stuff about shepherds and flocks, I'm mindfull that the motivation isn't because the shepherd has a kind and loving heart. No, the sheep are an economic resource that the shepherd is managing to maximize production of meat and wool, and losing sheep to injury, illness, or the wolf instead of obtaining the wool and mutton is an economic loss.

• atheist_R_stupid
    atheist_R_stupid

"Perhaps because "organization" doesn't appear in the Bible.."

HEY STUPID, Why do churches organize? and make deacons and all that? you think they made that all up?

The jews AND christians were not only organized, but show how to.

That singular comment, makes every single thing you said, trash. In fact, calls into question that you EVER were a JW and certainly not a man that was in bethel at any branch anywhere in the world. because any church educated person from the cleargy, would know that, let a lone a Jehovahs witness who is walking right to your face, with a bible in hand and places their knowledge of the bible on the line at random people that come to the door...Which could be ministers, or atheists.

Its clear you take beef with organized religion. The Question is, why? Because of what you see that it has cuased? what does that have to do with the institution itself? thats would be like saying, due to police brutality, we should remove all policing. The behavior of the police don't define if the notion of policing people is a good idea does it?

Listen, you, like most the people I run into, give yourself away, because if you let a bigot talk long enough they show their hand as being one. For you, this is more than "I don't like Jehovahs Witnesses". this is about "I dont like Religion if it has something to do with telling me what to do".

You want to have a faith that is Ideal. One that looks more like the USA...YOU TELL GOD what to accept. Truthfully...isnt that what you want?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit