Billy's Comments You Won't Hear at the 01-26-2014 WT Study (Obey Jehovah's Shepherds))

by Billy the Ex-Bethelite 52 Replies latest watchtower bible

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

Billy, Double Bonus Points on your presentation, it was perfect!

ding, if we all believed they were not trying to control our lives, think of all the JWs who would have a nice pension and financial security. Instead, now many of the Baby Boomers are dead broke, the Watchtower was worse than Bernie Madoff because Madoff finally came clean and told us he was a liar, the Watchtower will continue to feeds of the least-common denominator of brain dead Witnesses.

I was so blessed this Month, my final child has seen the Light about the Organization and now has so many doubts! You should have heard her when it finally got through her head that "Jesus Christ is not her Mediator", instead of the "Deer in the Headlights look", it was a look of anger!

How do I reach my sibling now, she had many degrees, one concentration was in Critical Thinking, before my sibling died in 2011 he tried with all his might to help her see this was not the Truth. My siblings response was "Where will we go?" "Everyone is imperfect!" I said "If that is the case, why are we so hard on other churches in Christendom, why attack them for errors when our entire record is littered with garbage doctrine." I have not heard from her for two years now, a sale in a property Dad left is going to force us to talk again, how can I reach a very intelligent person I love who has turned off eight years of college and advanced degrees?

My sibling works for CF Industries, CF (NYSE Stock Exchange) and has for decades through consolidations and other Mergers. A organic chemical and biology scientist who is blinded by the Fake Truth, how can someone so smart not see the lie?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

My answer to para 6 today turned a few elders heads. The conductor asked, after getting the regulation verbatim answers,

"how are elders appointed by holy spirit?".

"Well, actually todays elders are not appointed by holy spirit,

Jonah, you obviously have:

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

How would counter what Paul wrote about being obedient to those taking the lead? I would love to give a TTATT comment at the KH. Nowhere in the bible will you find admonition to blindly obey humans.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Thank you Billy. Off topic for a moment to add to your grandfather's views on goats......as a young JW in the 60s and 70s, we had a small farm that included goats. They were simply fantastic animals. We milked them and made numerous cheeses. They kept everything mowed. The babies were awesome playmates. The list goes on and on. However, I felt terribly guilty for loving these animals so much. I was under the impression I should hate them for being the wicked animals that they were supposed to be. I prayed to Jehovah to help me hate the goats (yes, another conflicted JW six year old)

• sauloftarsus
    sauloftarsus

If people hate hypocrisy, change religions. Perhaps the hypocrisy of other religions will be more accepting to you. Now for some ignorant reason, people keep saying the WT dictates. I believe the bases for their organization is solely based in bible principals. If you take time to read the bible, you’ll find, to be a true Christian, it take whole hearted love and discipline to be acceptable to God.

Wasn’t it Paul that wrote in Matthew 3: 10 But you have closely followed my teaching, my course of life, my purpose, my faith, my long-suffering, my love, my endurance, 11 my persecutions, my sufferings, the sort of things that happened to me in Antioch, in I·co´ni·um, in Lys´tra, the sort of persecutions I have borne; and yet out of them all the Lord delivered me. 12 In fact, all those desiring to live with godly devotion in association with Christ Jesus will also be persecuted. 13 But wicked men and impostors will advance from bad to worse, misleading and being misled.

14 You, however, continue in the things that you learned and were persuaded to believe, knowing from what persons you learned them 15 and that from infancy you have known the holy writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through the faith in connection with Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work. Are these not the teaching of JW’s? I guess Pastor Russell made up this doctrine, pulled it out of a hat to mislead people. I wonder how many other religions do this. Perhaps you theologians can remember the blind faith Abraham had with his son when God told him to What! Maybe someone can enlighten me in my ignorance.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

"Can we not imagine that Jehovah might do something similar at Armageddon?"

No, I can't imagine it, but obviously this is a fervent dream of the wretches on the governing body; they have a good 'imagination'.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

What is a Knight doing on JWN?? Shouldn't you be out guarding some treasure hidden in Mt.Rushmore?? Look, many people here have no problem with bible principles. I personally believe that if everyone on earth would wake up tomorrow and apply the golden rule, the whole world would change.

The real issue here is the twisting of scriptures by hypocrites. I can't be the ultimate judge of anyone, but I do not have to blindly follow men. Can YOU show us in the scriptures where that is required? As far as simply changing religions, I have. I am simply not casting my pearls before swine. The WTBTS will turn around and rip you open for refusing to beleive the ideas of men. If you can show me that such practices are followed by "true" Christians, please do so. I liked these statements you made, let me respond.

1) Perhaps you theologians can remember the blind faith Abraham had with his son when God told him to What!

Answer: Abraham had plenty of prior evidence for his faith. God communicated with him. The Watchtower has no such credentials. Not one example exists in all scripture of blind faith being required.

2) Maybe someone can enlighten me in my ignorance.

Answer: Try Jesus.

Also, check out jwfacts.com.

DD

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Satan like a lion? Seems I never got Satan to do anything, wanted or not--and for sure, it is not Satan's fault that joke-hova has such standards that go against our makeup. Joke-hova uses that "imperfect" as an excuse, but it is natural laws that joke-hova is against. And we are "sinners in need of repentance and a savior" because we need to abide by natural laws instead of joke-hova. I never noticed Satan as being like a lion--He would sooner lead people to real salvation from tyranny, or ignore one altogether. But Satan and the Demons never ever attack anyone (except those who are working toward joke-hova's tyranny and mass human enslavement). Satan does not want to see the world enslaved. Joke-hova does.

And blindly obeying someone, or a group of people, is stupid. Now, suppose they want you to go to Walmart and buy suits? Why--because they are so cheap. In doing so, you are supporting slavery in China, supporting bad working conditions in the store, supporting a company that is pro-cruelty to animals and numerous petitions are circulating to boycott them for animal cruelty, polluting the landfill with cheap crap that is going to wear out in short order, and contributing to a dreary atmosphere because these crap suits come in navy blue and dark gray only (and the jacket and pants are sold separately). Do you obey?

Or, they want you buying those squiggly things. Now, do you obey? Suppose you tried them and got very sick on them, had one blow up, or nearly burned down your house on one. You stocked up on incandescent, or bought the newer LED light bulbs (and are satisfied with them). Now the hounders insist you go back to those mercury laden, headache-causing, radio interference generating, dirty electricity creating, eye straining time bombs called "light bulbs". Do you obey?

You have a stash of silver and/or gold because you know hyperinflation is nigh and wish to prepare. Also, you got yourself an assortment of good flashlights and lanterns, complete with NiMH batteries and good chargers for them. You know rolling blackouts are likely given numerous incidents where shortages have developed locally and given the August 2003 blackout. Also, you remember Hurricane Sandy, and you recently had a local ice storm and lost power (and know it could have been much worse). Now along comes Brother Hounder and orders you to throw away all these things or give them to the congregation. They want you to trust in joke-hova instead. You know the dollar is not any more stable now than when you started stashing silver and gold. Do you obey?

You tried auxiliary pious-sneering once. It left you totally drained for months, and you even got quite sick from doing it that time. You barely made your time, to boot. It was nothing but stress and torture the whole time. Money is quite tight, so cutting back on work is not a viable option. And your schedule is not significantly different now. Brother Hounder insists that you need to auxiliary pious-sneer, citing that you did it that time. And not the Dirty Thirty--this is a month where 50 is required. They also cite that "there are five Sundays this month". You know that the most you can do, reasonably, is around 15 hours a month. But they are pushing 50. Do you obey?

There is an apartment complex ahead in your territory. Last time you were there, someone called the management and your group was informed that they didn't want the religion at their place any more. They had more than 50 complaints about it, citing that they knew the religion is a scam and that people would be coerced into joining. The complex has several tenants that are big in decorating for holidays, and most of them enjoy it--and know that, should significant numbers of people respond, that would be the end of it. It is blatant that the witlesses are not wanted there. However, the hounder with that territory insists that the complex MUST be done now, and you are going in. Do you obey?

You are nearing graduation from high school. Your choices are apprenticeship, college, starting your own business (and it would be viable), or pious-sneering. It is early June, and you need to decide soon. You are accepted into the college with very little or no debt. Apprenticeship would be in a career that rewards well. And the business would involve about 3 months of very intense work followed by substantial profit. Now, Brother Hounder comes along and insists that you should pious-sneer instead. Do you obey?

• sauloftarsus
    sauloftarsus

Data Dog, pick one:

John 20:29

Jesus said to him, “Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

Proverbs 14:15

The simple believes everything, but the prudent gives thought to his steps.

2 Corinthians 4:18

As we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.

James 2:14-17

What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

John 20:31

But these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

Galatians 3:26

For in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith.

Psalm 14:1

To the choirmaster. Of David. The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds, there is none who does good.

Romans 14:1-23

As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions. One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand. One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind.

John 9:1-41

As he passed by, he saw a man blind from birth. And his disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?” Jesus answered, “It was not that this man sinned, or his parents, but that the works of God might be displayed in him. We must work the works of him who sent me while it is day; night is coming, when no one can work. As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.”

Luke 15:7

Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance.

Matthew 28:20

Teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”

Matthew 5:5

“Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

Matthew 4:12-23

Now when he heard that John had been arrested, he withdrew into Galilee. And leaving Nazareth he went and lived in Capernaum by the sea, in the territory of Zebulun and Naphtali, so that what was spoken by the prophet Isaiah might be fulfilled: “The land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, the way of the sea, beyond the Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles— the people dwelling in darkness have seen a great light, and for those dwelling in the region and shadow of death, on them a light has dawned.”

John 3:16

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Mark 16:16

Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

1 John 1:9

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

John 20:1-31

Now on the first day of the week Mary Magdalene came to the tomb early, while it was still dark, and saw that the stone had been taken away from the tomb. So she ran and went to Simon Peter and the other disciple, the one whom Jesus loved, and said to them, “They have taken the Lord out of the tomb, and we do not know where they have laid him.” So Peter went out with the other disciple, and they were going toward the tomb. Both of them were running together, but the other disciple outran Peter and reached the tomb first. And stooping to look in, he saw the linen cloths lying there, but he did not go in.

Matthew 5:21-22

“You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder; and whoever murders will be liable to judgment.’ But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire.

And as chosing Jesus, always without him, we wouldn't have ingorant discussions like we have now. and as for your Knight comment. Before deciding to insult someone, why don't you first smell what your shoveling because as a theologian your a poor example

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Absolutely none of the scriptures you listed teach anything about blind faith in men. My Knight comment was not meant to be an insult, but an ice-breaker. You will need to wear you big-boy pants around here, or big-knight armour, whatever you call it...

I won't comment anymore. I don't want to de-rail Billy's post. Your assertion of blind faith in men would make an interesting topic for discussion. I will start one.

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit