Billy's Comments You Won't Hear at the 01-26-2014 WT Study (Obey Jehovah's Shepherds))

by Billy the Ex-Bethelite 52 Replies latest watchtower bible

• besty
    besty

great commentary B the Ex

• sauloftarsus
    sauloftarsus

I’m an advent Crusader, last remnants of the Knights Templar, and an Ex-Witness. So in your perfect theory about the Sheppard, then all religions are cults. Since the Catholics have the Pope supposedly made from St Peter the first Pope? They have bishops, fathers, Jews have Rabbi’s, other religions have preachers, priests, committees, etc. With your great line of thought, Parents of children are Cults; no instruction should be given or accepted by anyone. Governments are Cults, as they have Presidents, Congressmen, and Senators. Schools are Cults; they have Board members, principals, and teachers. I guess you are Supreme Being that came to know all that you have learn by Darwinism, it just came to you. City’s Counties, police, military. It falls under this grand vision of yours I suppose. So in your supposition no one should be sheep. I love atheism. In an effort to belittle one religion you have taught the ignorance and fallacy man has inherited. When Christ past on the role of the Sheppard for knowing his time was short to the Apostles, it was to continue his message and fine work, and to preach to the masses to seek god not Christ and his glory. Without guidance, theres no understanding; perhaps that’s where the flaw is in all you peoples logic. So then is your religion any better, if it is, The Branch Davidians compound is still for sale. Will all of you be attending. I don’t know which one of you is David Koresh was born Vernon Wayne Howell in Houston, Texas in 1959 to a 15-year old single mother. He never knew his father and was raised by his grandparents.

Jim Jones, the Peoples Temple was a racially integrated church that focused on helping people in need. Jones originally established the Peoples Temple in Indianapolis, Indiana, but then moved it to Redwood Valley, California in 1966

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

Billy, I think the last part of pragraph 8 could use some editing too:

As mature Christian men, they have experience in life. Further, before being appointed, they demonstrated that they had a clear understanding of the Scriptures and that they were qualified to teach what is healthful. (1 Tim. 3:2; Titus 1:9) Their maturity, balance, and Bible-based wisdom enable them to give skillful direction to the flock.

Experience in life - after living in WT cocoon? Clear understanding of the sciptures or current WT dogma? Skillful direction like - don't waste your time getting advanced worldy education. If even half of what was claimed as true about 'undersheperds' in this article was true, the KH would indeed be a spiritual paradise and a place of refuge.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

What happens when a non-elder JW tells an an Elder that they are making a mistake? Do the Elders say, "thank you for bringing this to my attention." Imagine a regular Jew telling the Pharisees that they were out of line.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

They can all go and kiss my big old white butt.

I hate the word "elder", as much as the jdubs hate the word "apostate".

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

sauloftarsus, I'm pretty sure you are just here to cause trouble but that's ok i'll bite.

no instruction should be given or accepted by anyone

The major difference is that the organizations you mention don't generally require blind obediance where the JWs do.

If a Catholic taks negative about the church in public two men don't show up at your house and threaten to cut you off from all your friends and family.

Even if you get kicked out of the church your friends and family are not instructed to have nothing to do with you under the threat of losing their friends and family.

That being said I think that most of the world is under some sort of mind control. Not in the we are all zombies kind of way, but I think that the goverments know a lot of things that they are not telling us and that they use information to control the masses.

Come on! How is it that the entire world thinks that working 40 hours a week, for 40 or 50 years to make someone else rich is a good idea?

I am a bit of a conspiracy theorist though

• sauloftarsus
    sauloftarsus

Am I here to cause trouble? It would seem a bit ambiguous of people to say that when you do the same by bashing JW’s and their organization. Now about having members told to stay away from evil does is more represented in the bible than the organization you speak of. If you take time to see the outside world with an open mind, you’ll find plenty of religions that shun members for speaking badly about their religion and at times biblical offenses. You have the Advents, Mormons, Amish comes to mind. You also have several religions that will take shunning a step further, like the Jews, Islam, Orthodox Christians, however the last 2 won’t just shun you, they will kick your teeth in and beat you to a pulp for talking bad about their religion. However this last few weeks, you can add murder and killing to the last 2. Something we greatly enjoy in the U.S. when it comes to speech and religion. That’s why it’s pointless to advocate hatred of 1 religion over another, when you have the chose to choose whatever religions feels good to you, and be friends with people that will agree with without being called a cult or any other negative things that are truly against bible principles. You love to hate JW’s, but by doing so, in the eyes of GOD, you have become that of what you most hate, so once again, who is better. Judgment is not mine, yours when it comes to spiritual food, its Gods.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

No one here hates JWs. There are many who are simply tired of hypocrisy.

• Ding
    Ding

I love the part where they say that they aren't trying to dictate how the brothers live their lives.

The whole WT religion is about dictating how JWs live their lives.

If they don't comply, they are marked, reproved, or DFd.

• Syme
    Syme

Thanks Billy

To me the most disturbing image of that article was the 1st image (first paragraph) with the shepherd 'taking care of' a sheep. It is a very blatant image: so the elders are actual HUMANS while the rest of the JWs are quite really, SHEEP.

That image discards any claims that the elders are 'equal' or even 'servants' to the r&f...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit