Super Bowl XLVIII SEATTLE OR DENVER

by ldrnomo 52 Replies latest jw friends

• ldrnomo
  • Simon
    Simon

I just went on the sports app on Windows 8.

It let me chose which sports I was interested in. There was American Football, Ice Hockey or Basketball and then page after page of Soccer leagues from every other country.

Sorry, the superbowl is a big yawn when you've experienced a real sport that dwarfs the invented-to-sell-equipment and stop-start-to-show-ads or lets-all-have-a-fight sports of North America. There will be as much talk about the advertisements and half-time show as there is the game which says it all.

America really should get on board with soccer.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Go for the team with a proven hall-of-fame cornerback!

• Django_Unchained
    Django_Unchained

lol, what's funny is how similar soccer and football really are.

you know it's essentially the exact same sport right?

• Django_Unchained
    Django_Unchained

fingers crossed for seattle btw

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

OK tirebiter,

That chump will never give your champs a chance.

• titch
    titch

It doesn't matter to me. Whatever team wins, wins. Whatever team loses, loses. It will have no effect upon me whatsoever. I could say the same thing about the Pro Bowl on Sunday. Whoever wins or loses, the NFC Team or the AFC Team, it'll have no effect upon me at all. Oh, the games are fun to watch, but beyond that, it makes no difference to me.

Titch

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

I'm gonna have to smoke a load for now.. too many 'mixed emotions'...I love both places...some good people, both got real good weed....sheeeit!!!

insot4

• Simon
    Simon

lol, what's funny is how similar soccer and football really are.

you know it's essentially the exact same sport right?

In our football, everyone has to use their foot except for the goalkeeper. In your football, only one guy ever uses his foot.

The scoring, tactics, play are completely different too. American football is more similar to Rugby than Soccer (and inferior to that too).

I think real football makes more sense and is more entertaining - 90 minutes of uninterrupted action, none of that stop-start / break for ads nonsense.

• Django_Unchained
    Django_Unchained

lol basketball, football, hockey, soccer...all the same sport with their own little twists.

lemme ask you, ever tried playing? you understand the different player packages, motions, audibles?

the devil is in the details. it always is. what you see on the soccer pitch are things an untrained eye wouldn't see, notice or appreciate.

goes for everything really. game recognize game and all that

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit