Should I allow my mom to see the grandchildren?

by confusedandalone 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

Mhy mother will not see my children... I hate to be that guy who takes such a stance but since our last communications I see that there is no valid reason to let this happen. First off, I went against my better judgement and decided to tell her that she could see them with me being present. She does not want this since I am known to be in opposition to the WTBTS. As a pioneer what type of examnple would she be setting if she decides to go against the rules that we have in place? So with that being said I pretty much gave her the royal heave ho out of my life.

I am not going to make concessions for someones crazy cult persona or cult controlled mind. What positive will come from this for my children? None. It just isn't worth it. She left me a voice mail that is so pathetic it is amazing. She tries to play the tortured soul card as ifg I am not aware of what has taken place over the last year. This crap is pathetic

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

LAIKA: Well, if you want to maintain a relationship with your mom you could agree on the condition that she treats you normal. I don't think you should agree without any conditions.

CAA (REPLY): She told me our relationship is done. I have been disowned in her own words. Why would she think I want her in my kids life.

Tell her families come as a packaged deal. All or None.

Doc

• Comatose
    Comatose

She is truly delusional or just really stupid. She can see you in order to see her grand kids. It is necessary family business. She does not have to miss their lives. It is a choice she is making and not a rule. If she were calling you and leaving messages crying about the milk in her fridge being white it would be the same difference. She should be on ignore until she wakes from her delusion.

At this point I'd keep her from being alone with them because she is dangerously mental.

You do not have a highly contagious disease. She can sit in the room with you and enjoy playing with her grand kids for an hour.

She can get her 70 hours a month without the title pioneer. I would choose knowing my grand kids even if I didn't retain the title pioneer. Stupid woman.

• Incognito
    Incognito

Confused,

While you have shared your experiences and have requested input, ultimately, it is you who experiences and best understands the situation. Most here can only sympathize.

You mention that you are 'known to be in opposition to the WTBTS'.

While you have rights to your own views, opinions and beliefs which your mother ought to be respectful of even if she doesn't agree, your mother is known to hold beliefs which are contrary to those you wish your children to be taught. As she is also known to oppose the direction and the choices you and your wife have made for your children, it is easy to see that she will blatantly disrespect your authority by attempting to influence your children if given any opportunity. This is reason enough to deny access to your children regardless of the manner which she has been treating you.

• confusedandalone
  • jgnat
    jgnat

What gets me is how your parents hurled themselves in to penury by actively rejecting their productive son. So much draaaaama. What do they get out of it? A symposium part at the next convention?

• KateWild
    KateWild

CAA,

Well done for making a choice. I can see it was a hard choice but you had to make so everyone knows where they stand. I am sorry you don't feel great now as it's all so pathetic. My thoughts are with you all.

Why not plan a nice day out on Sunday with the family and plan a nice trip somewhere. Having nice things to look forward to can be healing for the bones.

Take care love Kate xx

• Incognito
    Incognito

First off, I went against my better judgement and decided to tell her that she could see them with me being present. She does not want this since I am known to be in opposition to the WTBTS

Regardless of your views of the WT, if she did not intend to influence the children, you would have no reason to oppose anything she had to say.

Edited to add: I think some of their statements need to be thrown back on them.

Although we as X-JWs understand the meaning of their comments, I think forcing them to explain themselves can be embarassing to them as many of the statements are not reasonable or loving. Most cannot be supported from the bible although they will cherry pick certain scriptures to show support but in actual fact, many scriptures are taken out of context and the meaning does not relate to their purpose to refer to it.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

So I am not officially da/do yet and my family has shunned me hard.

Since there is no official announcement of your having been DAd or DFd, there is no rule (from the Org) that you be shunned. Why does she see fit to change the rules? She knows better than Jehovah?

Doc

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

NEVER EVER EVER LEAVE YOUR CHILDREN ALONE WITH A JEHOVAHS WITNESS.They see it as an opportunity to pour their poison into their little heads.

Invite your parents round get together as a family. Let your kids see how callous and cruel witlesses are to their own children. /they will soon realise that the cult is based on fear and intimidation.

Sit in the room with them. Dont let your Mom dictate terms to you in your own home. Absolutely do not agree to drop the kids off, and let her ignore you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit