Should I allow my mom to see the grandchildren?

by confusedandalone 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Viviane
    Viviane

I would say "Sure, you're welcome to come over to dinner with us and see the kids."

You aren't telling her no, you're inviting your mom to see the family. If she says no, that's on her. When she cries, tell her you love her and she is welcome into your life anytime she chooses.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

The WT promotes the idea that shunning is the most loving way to bring someone back into the fold.

That was something that never made sense to me, even when I was a JW.

If my bird shit on the floor I could do the same thing - shun him. I could put him outside of the house and stop feeding him or caring for him. No contact whatsoever. Then in 6 months I could go outside, look around stupidly, and wonder why he's not there waiting for me.

JWs are often too stupid to know that eventually people will move on with their lives.

W

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

You are a package deal! What message would you be sending your children if they can go to grandma, but grandma has no respect for you. Also being present is desired -as she is for sure going to be secretly trying to witness to them. Again - package deal - all of nothing. The shunning is her choice!

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi confusedandalone, Your children, your rules!! DITTO what most posters have recommended that your mother and dad can see your family anytime that it is convenvient, as long as they leave all things WTBTS at their house.

They should not be allowed to visit with only your children until they stop shunning you and they can demonstrate that they will not teach your children any WTBTS doctrines.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Comatose
    Comatose

PLEASE don't let your kids be alone with her. You know she will think it is her godly duty to lie to you willingly and try to save them. I would let her come over even though she doesn't deserve it, but I would NEVER let her be alone with them. Be smart, protect them from her.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Yeah, she will think she has a duty before God to jam cult indoctrination down their throats with every breath they take.

marina

• NotNew
    NotNew

Why do u feel u should not? If there is a compelling reason not to then the choice is made, if nor? what's the harm? Supervise the contact...

Sw

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

You are not guilty of anything.

Your mother chose to raise her kids in a church with a history of not having a god that ever bothers to show up to fulfill promises that it's leaders pretend they make on its behalf. This is a risky gamble, because if the god doesn't show up, or the leaders change the god's promises for it, it is highly likely that the kids will eventually realise that the church leaders aren't the channel of communication parents have been telling them they are.

She took a gamble. It didn't pay out. The god never showed up. The church leaders had to change the god's promises. Her kid lost faith in the church leaders and doesn't want her kids following the same bunch of loosers.

Now your mother has to pay the price and it is up to her what price she is prepared to pay. That is her choice .... not yours.

• jgnat
    jgnat

You and your children are a package deal. Your mother must not be allowed to dole out her love to those she chooses, especially in front of your children. She is a bad influence.

• blondie
    blondie

I would tell her that she can see them, but only in your presence.

I would second this advice...your children could come home asking why you are going to die at Armageddon like grandma says.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit