Should I allow my mom to see the grandchildren?

by confusedandalone 64 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

So I am not officially da/do yet and my family has shunned me hard. Today crying my mother calls me to beg to see my children... should I let her? I feel that if you can speak abusive of your own son and wife and shun the. Prior to an announcement you are evil. Not worthy of seeing my kids. I am torn

• Laika
    Laika

Well, if you want to maintain a relationship with your mom you could agree on the condition that she treats you normal. I don't think you should agree without any conditions.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

She told me our relationship is done. I have been disowned in her own words. Why would she think I want her in my kids life

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I don't know. My mom would allow it. It teaches your children the importance of love. Turn the other cheek. I would not allow them to be witnessed to by our mom. Depending on their age, the children may feel responsible for the rupture in the family. It is a powerful lesson in life. My parents never shunned anyone even when they were active. My other relatives did. I may have been very young but I admired my parents.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I would tell her that she can see them, but only in your presence.

Coffee

• hoser
    hoser

Ditto what coffee said. You should be careful. She could be powerful enough to turn your children against you.

You should invite your parents, siblings over for a family dinner and see who shows up, or invite them all to join you at an amusement park to see your children.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Of course you can see them mom as long as I'm there and you treat me kindly. The kids need to know we all still love each other regardless of our personal decisions.

If she doesn't agree, I wouldn't risk it. Sadly they will put their mission to get you back to the religion above their love of their grandchildren.

• bigmac
    bigmac

better still--tell your mum to invite you ALL over to HER house---put the ball in her court. if she does--and the atmosphere is bad--just leave--but tell her why.

• freeinmichigan
    freeinmichigan

That is a tricky situation, my husband and I were in your situation a little over a year ago. We did agree to let our kids go visit my parents & my siblings, thier aunts and uncles one day when they were all together. But my kids came home with an atitude that it was us who had the problem that if we just came back to meetings we could all be a family again. That was more than enough for my husband to put a stop to any further visits with any of them, they just can't be trusted. you did not list your kids age's but mine were both under 10 they just can't be expected to fully understand at that age. Luckily my family has not made anymore attempts to see my kids, probebly wrote them off by now,and now all completely shun us. Sadly my suggestion would be to not allow it. You would forever kick yourself with regret if they ever got a "hold" of your kids, with their Jw thinking.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

Coffee _ black I am leaning toward that .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit