What other religious groups are ...

by EdenOne 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Interesting links, JWOP and zackharijah, thanks.

Eden

• blondie
  • cantleave
    cantleave

Most of them are nutty cults.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Eden in your 2nd post on JWN you stated " I agree with the GB in many things, that's why I'm still a Witness".

Do you still hold that same level of agreement with the cult leaders?

• blondie
    blondie

http://carm.org/religious-movements/seventh-day-adventism/what-does-seventh-day-adventism-teach

Denies the immortality of the soul.

Denies the eternality of hell fire.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Cantleave

I still agree to many things, but I have a major disagreeance in matters that have to do with: hope of salvation; the nature of sin; strict creationism; organization.

I'm also undecided upon a strictly preterist interpretation of prophecies, and therefore, millenianism.

Eden

• Jon Preston
    Jon Preston

From wiki:

The Christadelphian community in Britain effectively dates from Thomas's first lecturing tour (May 1848 – October 1850). His message was particularly welcomed in Scotland, and Campbellite, Unitarian andAdventist friends separated to form groups of "Baptised Believers". Two thirds of ecclesias, and members, in Britain before 1864 were in Scotland. [ 8 ] [ 9 ] [ 10 ] In 1849, during his tour of Britain, he completed (a decade and a half before the name Christadelphian was conceived)Elpis Israel [ 11 ] in which he laid out his understanding of the main doctrines of the Bible.

Since his medium for bringing change was print and debate, it was natural for the origins of the Christadelphian body to be associated with books and journals, such as Thomas's Herald of the Kingdom.

In his desire to seek to establish Biblical truth and test out orthodox Christian beliefs through independent scriptural study he was not alone and, amongst other churches, he also had links with Adventistmovement and with Benjamin Wilson (who later set up the Church of God of the Abrahamic Faith in the 1860s).

interesting correlation to the IBS.

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

Check out a Unitarian Church in your area. They're usually pretty laid back and open minded. They vary largely in their teachings. We have two in town. One is fairly conservative, but still very laid back, and has more of a traditional church feel. The other is a Unitaian Universalist Church. It's totally non-denominational. Everyone from Agnostics to Buddhists to Christians there. It's for prople just looking for a community regardless of personal beliefs. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unitarianism

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

This (Unitarian Church) I can't agree with

From Wiki:

The Christology commonly called " Socinian " (after Fausto Sozzini , one of the founders of Unitarian theology), refers to the belief that Jesus Christ began his life when he was born as a human. In other words, the teaching that Jesus pre-existed his human body is rejected

Eden

• jgnat
    jgnat

For peculiar and particular, the Christadelphians are likely right up your alley.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit