by winnie12 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

WINNIE12 - You have a P.M.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Should I meet with the elders?

NO! NO! NO!

I was an elder. elders are programmed to follow the WBT$ cult company line. No way will they even think about counter arguments to WBT$ filth. If you want to get DF'd then go ahead, meet with them, be made to feel guilty, be ready to be stumped by their thought stopping cliches and patronizing rhetoric.

NO! NO! NO!

Unless you WANT to be DF'd.

Bless your cotton socks!

• cantleave
    cantleave

You won't convince them, you will be labelled apostate and DF'd.

You won't win your JW relatives over if you are DF'd.

• FrankieGoesToHollywood
  • besty
    besty

welcome to JWN

your opening post is here if you cant find it...http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/experiences/268774/1/New-here#.UuJZw43FK2w

don't meet with elder(s)

make a plan for moving on with your life before planning on how to help your family

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I concur with all those who have said do not meet. What is vital is to have room for taking whatever direction is necessary and desirable in your life.

If you meet and get DF'd you are sidelined from ever helping your mum. There is no hurry, even if it takes a while to help mum, even years, so what ?

Quietly fade. Stay free, and above all, enjoy your free life to the full !

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

PUNK: Should I meet with the elders?NO! NO! NO!

BESTY: make a plan for moving on with your life before planning on how to help your family

There are the two best pieces of advice that you got. I suggest you not ignore them.

Esp what Besty says. MAKE A PLAN. MOVE ON.

Choose a career and work towards it.

<Watch for a PM>

Doc

• winnie12
    winnie12

Hey all,
    Thank you for your advice. I had a great opportunity today to meet with some amazing ex-jw's in my city and the overall consensus was that I should NOT meet with the elders. Like what many of you mentioned it really poses a huge risk and will only put me under more suspicion. My fading I think has been very abrupt and sudden which is likely drawing undue attention to me and to have this meeting with them would just lead to a judicial committee and the rest is history. I just have to keep my mouth shut and fade out slowly.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I just have to keep my mouth shut and fade out slowly.

Sometimes that is damn hard to do.

Doc

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It sounds like you already know the answer.

Most elders will show up with another elder and try to stay in control of who is present to talk with you. They would object to one-on-one and would object to your mother being there.

If push came to shove, the one elder might insist that your mother be a second witness to whatever you said.

Really, lurkers and faders and others- the generic advice stands. In virtually every situation, just don't meet with the elders unless you are prepared to be DF'ed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit