Should I meet with the elders?

by winnie12 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Dont meet with them!!!! When I first did all they said pretty much is if its not for you and you have doubts you can quit no big deal. They do this to make it easier for them not having to DF etc. Then after me not taking them up on this offer they then go for the throat and the next meetings. They may try to love bomb you and say things like Jehovah can fix it or he can reserect etc. But after that doesnt work they go for the JC meeting and DF you. They only care about keeping thier congregation clean from people that think and find out the lies of the truff..

• kaik
    kaik

Generally, the elders are less concerned about answering your spiritual needs and question, but worried that you have deviated from momentary established doctrine. If they set mind that you do not agree with FDS, you will be DF's right out regardless what Bible say, what older WT publication had printed, or what you were told on DC last summer. Organization only cares about thorough loyalty and obedience, and will not tolerate anything else. Any questioning or disagreement with a current teaching with DF's you. WT does not care about your doubts, it cares only maintaining control over their members.

When you will meet with elders, you will certainly go infront of JC which has a goal to get you and get you out. I am not sure how is it in your country, but in the Czech Republic the WT uses traveling elders who are called execution squads that brag how they they got someone on apostate thinking and got him or her DF's. They do not even bother to study with you to get you back to the light. If the elder was concerned about your spiritual well being, he will offer to study with you and go through analysis of your doubt. Most likely the meeting is about assest the damage and report back to higher channels what to with you.

• sspo
    sspo

You could meet with the elders but i guarantee you they will not be able to answer any questions that you have.

The more you prove them and the GB wrong the more serious trouble you putting yourself in.

Every publisher think that the elders can help and have the answers ...they are puppets of the GB.

Good luck

• smiddy
    smiddy

winnie 12 , you have a brain and you are using it good for you . They will try to trap you into convicting yourself by what you answer to their questions.

Dont fall into that trap.

Turn around their theocratic war strategy against them : Dont commit yourself , be evasive , or just change the subject , or dont answer a question .

An excellent advice given you is DONT under any circumstances have more than ONE elder question / visit you at any one time .

smiddy

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Don't do it!!!!!

I have to rush out now, but I promise I'll PM you later to reveal what happened to me at my Kingdom Hall last night.

I repeat - DON'T MEET WITH THEM!!

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Don't meet with them. If you end up meeting with them, cry all the time and don't answer ANY questions.

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

It depends on if you let a carpenter and a windowcleaner decide your future for you... What authority does any human being has over another one anyways

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Sounds like she has been telling the elders about your doubts and is resposible for them wanting to meet with you. if you are baptised then this is slippery ground and will end in tears.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

I'm not so sure it's a trap. I did the same thing with the 2 main elders in the congregation. I showed them all the old and not so old literature with the fallacies that were taught as truth at the time and they had no choice to admit it was all true.

They had no answers at all for any of it.
    They were checkmated. All they could say was to contact the society and see what they had to say about it. The society too had nothing to say. That's when I walked and quit. Nothing ever came of it.

I don't know why people feel a need to run, hide and flee or feel they have done something wrong when discovering that the society lies and has been lying to us our entire time in 'the truth'. Why feel afraid or guilty at this realisation and discovery? You have committed no crime. It's not our fault... it's not us who taught and printed this stuff. It's the sole fault and responsibility of their own leaders.

Nothing can be pinned on you for their own errors.
    Stand up and be honest. Stand up for the real truth.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Your mom is the one that got you joined up to this church, so she is the one who should be doing the explaining. If she doesn't have a sensible answer, tell her to go and get one and get back to you when she has it because you want to hear the answer from her, not from an Elder.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit