What do Baptists believe?

by quellycatface 48 Replies latest jw friends

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Just had a look at a local Anglican church. They have female ministers. Super!! I would a lot more comfortable talking to a woman if I had a problem. I can always remember seeing programmes on TV where people were going to their vicar and talking of their concerns, doubts, even if they felt there was no god...You cannot have doubts in the Borg. If you do it could make you an apostate. How ridiculous.

• Laika
    Laika

Did you try the ship of fools website that Jgnat posted? Look up the churches in your area and see if any seem to have the style you're looking for. Just take it slow, don't rush into anything, enjoy the journey.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Try the most liberal Anglican church you can find then. Here in the USA, the evangelical Lutherans are in complete communion with the Anglican church. They are very similar to the Episcopal Church. Look at church websites. Usually the priest or pastor of a church will sit down with you and answer your questions. Look at the websites. Visit the church for the later meeting on a Sunday. Ask for a meeting with the priest or pastor. Go loaded with questions. Are you liberal? Do you have fun? What kind of outreach programs do you have? How does your church look after its members? Any questions important to you, ask them. Really listen to the answers. It's a fact finding thing. Later if you have questions on doctrine, etc, you can find out about those.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

My grandson Julian is athiest and the Episcopal Church still loves him and supports his unique journey.

• FlyingHighNow
  • quellycatface
    quellycatface

Oh wow, I love The Vicar of Dibley. I wish I knew someone like that.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Do you think I should tell anyone that I used to be a JW?

• InChristAlone
    InChristAlone

I attend a Baptist church. If you have any specific questions, please PM me.

• barry
    barry

Gday quellycatface,

Just to tell you about our Anglican church in Canberra Australia. Anglican churches can be different in many ways to other Anglican churches We attend an Anglican church just down the road that is very evangelical half way through the service we have coffee and are able to chat with our friends or someone new that may walk in and there is coffee and morning tea after the service. The priests just wear ordinary clothes and are very approachable. The songs are very upbeat and many have a newer refreshing and modern versions with a band [no organ] . Be aware that traditional hymns can be very slow and dull.

The priests don't mind if baby is baptised or just dedicated and baptised as an adult.

The only traditional liturgy used is the Apostals creed, the communion service and some of the prayers.

• cantleave
    cantleave

We live in avillage in Hampshire where the local CofE church is still quite influential; Local primary school is CofE controlled, most kids including ours do the scout and guide thing and we get a monthly rag through door from the parish.

I am a non believer but I have been to the church to support the kids school and scout / guide activities. They services are benign and the vicar is at times quite entertaining. But there is absolutely no coercion to do anything, I even wore my FSM T. Shirt there on one occasion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit