Updated Chronological Timeline of the Great Tribulation -- after the New Light from July Watchtower

by FusionTheism 86 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    I thought 1986 was the International Year of Peace?
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard
    and when is the resurrection to a Paradise Earth going to start? the resurrection of 500 billion odd folks ?
  • notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Thanks for the references...although point 6 I've never ever seen written by the WT, now a GB may say it in a talk but in the past they say things but they are never written so they it can never bite them and make them look an ass, as Rutherfprd once said.

But the internet has captured what the GB said, what is the scriptural proof that the preaching work continues during the GT but that the message changes to one of "your doomed"?

EDIT..I just watched the 15 min video by Gerrit...excude me as it may have been my mind switching off but at what point did he say that the preaching work changes from one of Good News to one of judgement?

If you can tell me the time in the video that would be cool, I can't stomach to watch it again.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    "once saved, always saved." That's odd since that phrase is used by Fundamentalist Christians.
  • Listener
    Listener

Notsurewheretogo, this is from the July 15 2015 Watchtower page 16

Thiswill not be the time to preach the

“good news of the Kingdom.” That time

will have passed. The time for “the end”

will have come! (Matt. 24:14) No doubt

God’s people will proclaim a hard-hitting

judgment message. This may well involve

a declaration announcing that Satan’swicked

world is about to come to its

complete end.

The Bible likens this message

to hailstones when it says: “Great

hailstones, each about the weight of a

talent, fell from heaven on the people,

and the people blasphemed God because

of the plague of hail, for the plague was

unusually great.”—Rev. 16:21.

10 None of this will go unnotic

The Bible likens this message

to hailstones when it says: “Great

hailstones, each about the weight of a

talent, fell from heaven on the people,

and the people blasphemed God because

of the plague of hail, for the plague was

unusually great.”—Rev. 16:21.

I am wondering where they have said that the anointed will know in their heart that the final sealing has taken place?

• FusionTheism
    FusionTheism
    Accidental post
  • FusionTheism
    FusionTheism

Watchtower Simplified Study Edition, March 2015, Page 22:

13 Just before the great tribulation, God will give his final approval to the hardworking anointed ones who are still on earth at that time. This is their final sealing. (Revelation 7:1-3)

----------

Watchtower Study Edition, March 2015, Page 15:

11 So, then, before the great tribulation starts, all the faithful anointed on earth will have received their final sealing. (Rev. 7:1-4) From then on, their calling is sure. But think about the years before the tribulation begins. What would happen to anointed ones who failed to remain watchful, who lost their integrity? They would lose their heavenly reward. Obviously, they would receive no final sealing prior to the start of the tribulation. By that time, other faithful ones would be anointed. When the tribulation starts, the foolish ones might be shocked to see the destruction of Babylon the Great. It may be only at that point that they realize that they are not ready for the arrival of the Bridegroom. At that late hour, if they in desperation ask for help, what would happen? Jesus’ parable gives us the grim answer. The discreet virgins refused to give up their oil for the sake of the foolish, telling them to go instead to the sellers of oil. Remember, though, it was “in the middle of the night.” Would they be able to find sellers of oil at that hour? No. It would simply be too late.

• prologos
    prologos
    • I am wondering where they have said that the anointed will know in their heart that the final sealing has taken place? Listener, listen please:

The anointed should have no problem to know their time has come by recalling Rev. 20: in a gist: those that will rule with Christ for a thousand years will be beheaded for bearing witness to Jesus. Such an upcoming event is said to really sharpen your mind. "Rapture" according to this text really means paying rapt attention whether the executioner has sharpened the guillotine.

• Listener
    Listener

Thanks for the quotes but I can't see where they believe that they will know that this final sealing has taken place (before the GT begins). From what is said in the quotes, they would only know because they have witnessed the destruction of Babylon the Great which they say occurs after the GT begins.

I am very curious about this because if they are saying that they will know that the final sealing has taken place then they will also know that the GT is imminent and if they are teaching this then they are telling the flock that they will have foreknowledge. This foreknowledge will be unprovable. The flock will just have to take their word for it because there will be no physical evidence.

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Wow!!!

I'm so glad that you guys are here to let me know when to jump into the the witnessesRforeva.group.org.infinitum.ad. nuseum...dot com.dot everything..... I don't know what I would do without the" new light" you spin on the "new light".

I would grab the nearest Watchtower to my heaving breast and run to the kingdom hall.

If it were not for you mad but incredibly sane people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit