My favourite JW books when I was a delusional.convert. Did you have any ?

by smiddy 39 Replies latest watchtower bible

• CyrusThePersian
    CyrusThePersian

My absolute favorite Watchtower publication is one none of you have ever heard of. It was called "Sound Reinforcement in Pure Worship." It was a handbook on how to set up and calibrate sound systems at conventions. Man, that book was thorough! It was obviously written by a person who knew his stuff about sound systems. Copies of this book were given out at a special meeting for convention Sound Overseers held in St. Louis MO back in the 80's. I still have mine and it's still a good read all these years later!

CyrusThePersian

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Haha, good choice. In my Hall, all I ask for is that the brothers use their damn ears, and turn down a speaker who is loud. Also, remembering to turn up the mikes before they're used is a nice touch.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Life Everlasting in the Freedom of the sons of God. I read it every March before the Memorial. I threw away every JW book (including my bible) but I cannot part with that book. I also loved Faith on the March by Mcmillon

• steve2
    steve2

Faith on the March was published by a secular publishing house. A few years ago, I got it out for another read - and showing how much I've changed since last reading it, I found the author incredibly smug about his beliefs (He had the truth man, no question) and patronizing about other belief systems(they're all wrong and he'd be blood guilty if he did not say so). He wrote this in his twilight years after a life spent promoting Watchtower doctrine. He was oozingly confident the end was so very near. He died decades ago. Meanwhile, the book is reaching its 60th anniversary of when it was first published. A startling illustration of how mismatched confidence is with "truth".

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Well said Steve (as usual)

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

Yes..

Sidartha,

.. and ..

Seven Spiritual Laws of Success by Deepak Chopra.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/8189988042

• Violia
    Violia

The Commentary on James has been my favorite book or recent times. Long before that I can recall my mom studying the orange Paradise book with me and dear gawd how many times did we study the Red Babylon book??? I never understood it. The Happy family book was reasonably good, and the Happiness book was a good one too. I loved the Blue Aid to Bible Understanding book. Still have it. The newer Insight books are good too. The Bible story book was good and The Greatest Man book was good.

I found an old King James that the WTS printed. I have enjoyed reading it along side a modern Bible.

• smiddy
    smiddy

steve2

Faith On The March was supposedly written by a non jehovahs witness , thats the impression that was given in the book .Since debunked by members of this board .

Just another example of the lies and deception the WTB&TS will go to .

smiddy

• smiddy
    smiddy

insearchoftruth4

As an after thought they probably realised this gave licsence to jw `s doing their own research into other religions which may then lead to critically examine their own religion .A definite no -no ,thats probably why it was never studied in the congregation.

smiddy

• smiddy
    smiddy

Violia

Aid to Bible Understanding , What surprised me about this book when I was in , was their was no mention of Elders as a subject ,yet if I remember correctly it was only a few months later that the elder arrangement came in. Where was the new light in the Aid book ?

One other thing that puzzled me was the name Jehovah in the book.They admitted their is no proof as to how the name should be pronounced .

Yet they settled on the name Jehovah , why ? because they said it was the name most commonly used and accepted in literature . (my words not theirs ) but that is the gist of it . Who commonly used and accepted this name in literature ? Why no other than christendom who the WTB&TS openly condemns as apostates from true christianity since the third century. Not only that , it was a thirteenth century catholic monk who came up with the name Jehovah using the four consonants of the hebrew language translated YHWH or more erroneously JHVH.

Modern bible / history scholars accept the proper pronunciation of Gods name is more likely YAHWEH and JESUS as YE`SUS . This is the 21st century why cant we use proper names and pronunciations .

Their was no J sound in the hebrew language. Jehovahs witnesses love to portray themselves as lovers of truth , then why dont they insist on using the more accurate interpretations of Gods name and that of his son .

The fact that the witnesses accept the protestant list of the bible cannon and not the catholic cannon , both of which were defined by apostates according to Watchtower theology is for another subject.

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit