My favourite JW books when I was a delusional.convert. Did you have any ?

by smiddy 39 Replies latest watchtower bible

• smiddy
    smiddy

Did you have any favourite books by the society when you were in ?Not that this book was my fav. yet it was the first book I read learning about JW`s. " From Paradise Lost To Paradise Regained " I know , it was designed for the young , however my mentor thought that since I had no understaning of the bible it was what I needed. Now getting back to topic.

The green book dealing with Daniels prophecy " Your Will Be Done On Earth " seemed to be at the time so spot on at the time , early 1960`s .

The king of the north , the USSR and its sattelites and the king of the south , the so called Anglo-American empire as they were called then .

At the time it all seemed so real,so prophetic.

Another book that impressed me was " Jehovahs Witnesses In The Divine Purpose " ( why didnt I do more research ? )

And finally the book " Equipped For Every Good Work " which gave a summation of every book of the bible including the books of the apocrypha .

These books convinced me I had found the truth.

Time and history has taught me otherwise .

smiddy

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

no. i have some favourites now but for different reasons.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Smiddy - " From Paradise Lost To Paradise Regained "

Yes. That 1958 book was the one my Dad used to show me the pictures from as a kid. I don't think it was the book I liked, it was more that Dad was with me at bedtime before I went to sleep.

RIP Dad, the legendary George Jackson I miss you every day.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Nope, I do not recall any of their books being favourite of mine, I thought they were all a chore to 'study'.

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

The "Jesus-book" was one of the best i think

• UN informed
    UN informed

My favorites in order:

life everlasting in freedom for the sons of god

Jehovah's witnesses in the Divine purpose

things on which it is impossible for god to lie

truth book

your will be done on earth

let your name be sanctified

i have to say that after these books, other than the aid to bible understanding, none of the publications ever impressed me. I thought they were trite not based on sound reasoning, and not faith strengthening.

the JW religion of the 60's and 70's was a totally different religion than it is now. It was bad then, and I was stupid for believing it, but now it is unbelievably shallow and insane.

brant

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I liked the "Babylon" book. It really illustrated how crazy Fred Franz really was.

• Shador
    Shador

I always did like the "Greatest Man" book. Except for 1 or 2 chapters, it seemed largely free of the usual JW crazy, and gave a decent look at the life of Christianity's central mytho-historical figure.

The ragazines, usually the Asleep, sometimes carried neat general interest articles, historical and/or cultural stuff, stuff about different animals. Not so much since they gutted them.

• Laika
    Laika

I liked the proclaimers book, the greatest man book and tended to like the yearbooks. Pretty much hated all the prophecy books.

• Perry
    Perry

I read the Red Babylon book cover to cover when I was 19 years old. It was grueling, but I did it. I felt so proud of myself because I knew no one else could get through it in one sitting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit