After years of Watchtower fighting the BAN in Russia.....

by Newly Enlightened 36 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

One of the admirable things Jehovah's Witnesses have done is to test the limits of freedoms

---

I see little that's "admirable" about WT. They are hypocrites.

In reality, the freedoms the Watchtower fights so hard to gain for itself, are not afforded to its own members. Sadly, the restriction of freedoms within the WT organization due to the dictatorial mindset of the governing body are far more oppressive than anything Russia will do to Watchtower.

If Watchtower wants its own "freedoms" protected, maybe it should set the example by extending the same freedoms to Jehovah's Witnesses first that it whines about for the Corporation to receive.

While I do not like to see a government limit any particular group's freedoms, to put it bluntly, Watchtower is just getting a dose of its own medicine.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

I'm with you ADCMS...the WTS are the biggest hypocrites when they demand from the authorities the freedom of speech they deny their followers. That very freedom of speech allows them to trap more people in their cult.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Exactly! They fight for their own freedon while condemning those of us who leave and hold our families captive and poison their minds against us...

• DogGone
    DogGone

While many of the freedoms the WT fights for, such as the freedom to go door to door, freedom to hold private assembly, freedom from discrimination, are, in fact, for their members, I do agree with some of the points in the above posts. They fight for freedom of expression and then psychologically torture members who write or speak freely against thier doctrine. (Yes, I do consider shunning a form of psychological torture)

Although using the word "admirable" was a poor choice on my part, I find the conclusion drawn above to be wanting. The expressed desire must be for MORE freedom, within the Tower and without. Smug satisfaction that the Watchtower is getting what it gives gets us nowhere - other than another successful volley in Russia's war on religious, sexual, and commercial liberty.

Can you be so blinded by hatred of the leaders of our former religion that you applaud the snuffing out of freedoms long wanted, scarcely granted, and quickly snatched?

This statement is too much:

Sadly, the restriction of freedoms within the WT organization due to the dictatorial mindset of the governing body are far more oppressive than anything Russia will do to Watchtower.

Surely you do not mean what you write? I have been counselled publically, I have been through several judicial committees, I have been publically reproved, I am disfellowshipped and presently I am shunned by everyone I socialized with for many years and by a sizable chunk of my family. That is certainly oppressive. The Russian state, on the other hand, is known for secret detentions, physical torture including beatings, electic shock to the genitals, and sexual abuse all while getting forced confessions for invented offences. The state has the power to place people in geater isolation than the WT - be it in prison or in actual isolation. You speak of what Russia will do to the Watchtower... to members of our former faith pushing outlawed literature....

Sometimes I feel posters have forgotten that "The Watchtower" is a collection of human beings.

As an aside:

The fact that the WT fought for the freedoms in their own interest misses the point. Almost every point of law is argued for self-interest. When the feudal barons forced King John to sign the Magna Carta they certainly weren't trying to provide liberty to their serfs. When signatories to the Declaration of Independence endorsed the line that "all men are created equal" they were not trying to free the slaves (later 3/5 a person) and certainly were not declaring women equal under law. The motives may be questionable, but we can still appreciate what their efforts afford us. Certainly in my country, Canada, Jehovah’s Witnesses did contribute to the establishment of civil liberties.

• prologos
    prologos

of course wt is gentler than putin's pawns, but because they are restrained by Cesar's laws.

There is such hatred pent up for dissenters that in one jc, that desire was actually expressed and the regret that the body count fell short.

The closed dooor, no representation, 3 to 1, no cameras allowed so called JC, have there direct counterpart in dictator's methods. after all we are in SPRITUAL PARADISE, not the fallen paradise of the proletariat.

Russians, East europeans have been exposed to propaganda for decades, and they can see the genre when its before them in court.

The Central committy had broadcasts jammed, BBC, Voice of America , not unlike the iron courtain that the central committy in brooklyn likes to erect against freedom of information, freedom of expression among the christian brotherhood.

pray for the king (of the north?) that we all, in and out the wt world, can live in peace free from authoritarian interference.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Great post, DogGone. Of course prologos is right too -- we should be thankful that the more unkind elders in the org. do not have complete power over the flock, without recourse. Stories on here of elders wishing they could stone apostates, if true, are an example of why we should be thankful for Caesar's laws (and the fact that said laws have become more humane since the time of ancient Israel).

• RunAsFastAsYouCan
    RunAsFastAsYouCan

Propoganda????? !!! Surely you jest!! I'm shocked!!! SHOCKED!! I Say!!!!

• RunAsFastAsYouCan
    RunAsFastAsYouCan

Sometimes I feel posters have forgotten that "The Watchtower" is a collection of human beings. <<<

Oh wow! Now you stepped over the line! Mentally diseased douchebags but definetly NOT HUMAN BEINGS!

• goodsoul
    goodsoul

OUTLAW, sorry, but on your photos is Bulgaria, Dobrich.
    It was convention and I was there at that time.
    Local folks are very aggressive against JW.. the same is throughout all Bulgaria

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMO-nsZeDbY&feature=youtu.be

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

OUTLAW, sorry, but on your photos is Bulgaria, Dobrich.

..........................Thanks for the Correction..Much Appreciated..

.....................If the WBT$ wants Freedom of Religion in Bulgaria..

...........................................They Should Stop..

.................................... Pissing Off The Neighbours..

..................................................Russia Too!!..

............................................................................................ photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit