After years of Watchtower fighting the BAN in Russia.....

by Newly Enlightened 36 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

I apologize if this topic was already covered, I didn't have time to look thru several pages of posts...

After several years of fighting their ban in Russia. Russian Court Declares JW's literature extremist:

http://en.ria.ru/russia/20140113/186483571/Russian-Court-Declares-Jehovahs-Witness-Brochures-Extremist.html?fb_action_ids=530487500391762&fb_action_types=og.recommends&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%5B1377130229215916%5D&action_type_map=%5B%22og.recommends%22%5D&action_ref_map=%5B%5D

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" The prosecutor’s office said that analyses by linguistic experts had concluded that the brochures contained propaganda that promoted the superiority of the Jehovah’s Witnesses and denigrated other faiths as false."

I would love to read those transcripts! JW literature is propaganda at it's finest.

DD

• humbled
    humbled

Can't fool these guys--n' they ain't afraid to say it.

YES WT denigrates other religions. YES they break up families.

Good for Russia.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Of course, this might be interpreted by JWs as a prelude to an attack by the King of the North...first he hears reports from the north and the sunrising...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..................If the WBT$ wants Freedom of Religion in Russia..

...........................................They Should Stop..

.................................... Pissing Off The Neighbours..

....................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• DogGone
    DogGone

One of the admirable things Jehovah's Witnesses have done is to test the limits of freedoms. You don't need protection from the State until you are doing or advocating for something the State does not want.

For me, this is a sad day. Certainly the literature is propaganda. So is anything which exclusively pushes a single viewpoint. This is another example of Russia's slide backwards.

Good for Russia? No... I hope this gets overturned. I hope the Witnesses are victorious and are able to freely disseminate their version of "Truth" so that all others who wish to can.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

• BU2B
    BU2B

I am against the WT but also for freedom. If you stop one groups freedom, everyone is at risk.

Also when JWs are banned they actually grow, as the persecution is viewed as evidence of how right they are, and how Satan is after them etc.

This will just drive JWs to the org.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

I hope that the Russian government just takes away any charitible perks (i.e., non-profit tax status/government funding) from the WTBTS instead of banning its literature, as well as all organizations that can be classified as dangerous cults. It would be a waste of government resources to ban the literature.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Londo111
    Londo111

Overall governments don’t do a good job understanding or dealing with cults and mind control. Take Waco, for instance.

• humbled
    humbled

Well--true, I am also for freedom of the press, freedom to worship, freedom of speech.

I amend my first comments--Don't ban them, just tell them that they can't operate in the country as long as they forbid their members from also being able to read and study the bible without fear of being df'd.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit