Interview with a former Bethelite who now knows TTATT

by RayPublisher 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• Darkside Blues
    Darkside Blues

There's a home overseer at Bethel? WTF? Cripes, Bethel must be a prison! But the alcoholism thing doesn't surprise me - I know if I was there, I'd need a drink or two daily. @_@

• humbled
    humbled

thanks for this, Ray and Trevor.

• label licker
    label licker

Ray, we experienced some of the same things. One was cleaning up after bethelites were exactly dead on. They sure can party. One time there were only two sharing one of the houses and come Monday clean up there would be three garbage bags of empty beer cans and pizza boxes. No lie. That was just in two days they accumulated that amount of garbage. Took four sisters to clean up after these animals a whole day. Yet, we were reminded how we could count our time for this foolishness that was NOT spiritual! Two, I had my papers and ran a business in a certain field that they used me in yet was told to do things the way bethel did. Had to listen to an elderly brother who had no experience or papers(gone to college for almost four years for this career)tell me how he wanted things done. And we had to do it:(

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

@ Darkside Blues - "There's a home overseer at Bethel?"

Ohhhhh yes there was several of them when I was there and they wield a large amount of power over the Bethel boys. Housekeepers are instructed to snoop around and be on "the lookout" for anything odd or not 100% Bethel approved.

I knew a brother that had in a small bookshelf the Hobbit book and they told him he had to get rid of it, no questions asked. If you got a phone call to meet with the Home Overseer it was not going to be a pleasant experience.

• RayPublisher
  • factfinder
    factfinder

marked

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Thank you. Marking to listen tomorrow.

• KateWild
    KateWild

marked

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman