The Watchtower religion(JWS), that really couldn't fail, from beginning to ........

by Finkelstein 57 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• humbled
    humbled

While i stumbled about for something to say, coco, you wrote one of your best pieces here. Thanks. Maeve

• thedog1
    thedog1

I understand people who have been badly treated or feel they have been misguided in the past having a bit of a go at me because I am still in the org and still an elder. But some here such as CC and others can see the turmoil felt by anyone who has spent, in my case, over 30 years as a Witness and who, over a period of a short few months, has had to re-examine everything!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There is a lot to consciencely evaluate and comprehend when being a JWS in all the expressed doctrines,

through study and literature reading, much more probably in most religions.

One must give respect to those men and woman who spend time writing articles

particularly in the days past when there were two issues per month including books, tracts .. etc.

In reality this might have been the WTS. failing point in that was too much information being put out that was just hyperbola speculation.

The Gospel from the bible was had become corruptly commercialized, notably during the early 1970 > > 1975

In essence the JWS organization own crippling fault may actually be a causative result of the fact that there

is a publishing house at the core of the organization's operations.

Information that had to be written but had little supportive substance to instantiate itself toward solid

factual knowledge, perhaps due to being too many people who weren't professionally trained bible

scholars. Lots of zeal and drive but poorly trained in academic bible theology.

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

Hello thedog1

You probably already know that WTS is just a money making scam that is just full LIES and false predictions and THE WTBS KNOWS IT. And yes people

have been hurt badly, after all who likes to be lied too and decieved? Once you realize you can't do this "theocractic" activity anymore, be prepared to be

ostrasized, even exiled. As you re-examine everything, know that you're not alone.

PS..I totally understand the turmoil felt after 30 plus something years..It gets to feel so much better after a while.

insot4

• KateWild
    KateWild

having a bit of a go at me because I am still in the org and still an elder.-thedog1

Many posting on this board are still in the Org and a few are still appointed elders. You are not the only one you need time to absorb everything you have read. But you need to also think about your loved ones in the cong. You have bonds and ties over 30 yrs. You need to think about what is best for everyone and devise you own plan how to move forward.

Your wife needs you also, how is she today?

thedog1, take your time absorbing things and then think about your future, writing your book perhaps and your loved ones too. Take care love Kate xx

• thedog1
    thedog1

Hi Sam, thank you for asking about my wife. She is still sorting out her medical problems and doesn't want to talk about my doubts.

• FrankieGoesToHollywood
    FrankieGoesToHollywood

thedog 1: something to pounder on for you, your wife and anyone else still trapped in this wicous organization

https://anointedjw.org/Discerning_Inspection.html

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I don't think it's fair to attack DOG1. He is at least visiting an "apostate" website, thereby totally ignoring the council of JEHOVAH the GB. I get where he is coming from. He doesn't personally feel like he is someone else's boss. That's great because no man is the master over another's faith. When I was "reaching out", I never once thought about being someone's boss, or being an enforcer. I really did think about Christ's sheep. That's why I did my best no matter what I did, whether it was parking cars at the DC in 100 degree weather, or cleaning bathrooms, or giving a talk.

Then I learned TTATT. Before really learning it, I started seeing the real ORG. All the talk about not having a list of man-made rules and do's and don'ts was pure BS. That's all there is, do's and dont's, disguuised as guidance from JEHOVAH(tm). Then there is favoritism, nepotism, politics, the pharasaic fixation on "visible service" and the insane addiction to hours and statistics/powerful works. As an Elder, you must at least passively support it, or look the other way. The "good" Elders are always bullied by the stronger personalities on the BOE. If you don't go along with the " Holy Spirit " then you are at fault. How many Elders actually stand up to the BOE when it's wrong? A very small percentage. To do so means that YOU are a maverick, a rebel. Just "wait on JEHOVAH", which actually means do nothing and wish that something will change.

Even if you are a "good" Elder, you cannot be trusted. You will NEVER keep something confidential, especially if it's related to TTATT. You will always side with the ORG out of fear. As long as you remain an Elder, you will always be hampered by the Org's man-made rules. So, even if you don't personally feel that you are an enforcer, or you never want to be one, you are supporting a system that abuses people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=776UyRpno-Q

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit