Who is easier to indoctrinate, men or women?

by kneehighmiah 52 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty

I was being deliberately ambiguous

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Yes cofty, I get that, the yin & yang creates a tension that is compelling.

• cofty
    cofty

Jesus is my Boyfriend Christianity is part of the equation...

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

An excellent link.

• Apognophos
  • kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

I think men are more likely to be fanatics. More likely to kill in God's name. More likely to abuse power. More likely to start mega churches and lust for prominence. I think that's what happens when religion and testosterone mix. Women seem to practice a more empathetic, compassionate nurturing faith. I believe just as women are more likely to stay with cheaters, they seem more likely to rationalize staying in a religion they know is messed up. I think that's why they seem to shut down if I mention anything bad about the JWs.

• losingit
    losingit

Gladiator and Cofty.... ummm sexist, a bit? Let's try to at least make smart comments when discussing gender and religion. Sheesh!

• cofty
    cofty

Gladiator and Cofty.... ummm sexist, a bit? - losingit

I could not be less sexist. Why do you make that accusation?

"Jesus is my Boyfriend" christianity is a real issue that is of concern to many in the evangelical and charismatic movements.

I am perfectly serious by suggesting that women are more likely to be attracted by the personae of Jesus than men are.

Look at the content of many hymns, songs, prayers and images. They are perfectly designed to chase away a hetrosexual man.

• THE GLADIATOR
  • OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

Lot's of young mothers study with JWs for some reason. I noticed that as a very real pattern.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit