Who is easier to indoctrinate, men or women?

by kneehighmiah 52 Replies latest jw friends

• dog is god
    dog is god

I don't know. It depends on the teacher. My ex was a linguist and was very hooked on the inter linear and able to quote scriptures for anything. I think it was an ego thing for him.for women there is an appeal of knowing something that others don't...kind of the same thing. Ego. That is so weid because you might study your brains out but your self steem will be brought to zero because you will never kno enough or do enough.

• KateWild
    KateWild

steve2, Well said very funny.

I think that many women are desperate for a just world, so more turn to religion. It's simply a numbers game. Steve Hassan was male, intelligent but very easily indoctrinated, he was given power in a CULT.

Most people are honest. If you give an honest man power, he develops a crisis of conscience. Hence less men in organised religion, you are left with the hypocrites and doormats. Some female doormats are married to honest men who simply leave or never wanted the power in the first place and didn't get baptised.

It's how CULTS work that there are more women than men. I am a woman and I listened to TTATT, so did my daughter, my ex is still in he is male. 3 of 4 in our family listened to TTATT, 2 female one male. For our family it's a "Men more easily indoctrinated"

Kate xx

• jgnat
    jgnat

If so, I'm an outlier. My hubby got sucked in and I won't.

I think there is a better argument that more women are church-goers, for social reasons.

• KateWild
    KateWild

I think there is a better argument that more women are church-goers, for social reasons.-jgnat

I like that argument too. So many female JWs are just there for social reasons. Men do sports for their social life or computer games. Women love to chat don't we.

jgnat, can a religious organisation be truly just social? I think there is always a level of indoctrination, but I am too damaged to try a different organisation, I have tried 2 and that's my limit for my life now I think. Kate xx

• jgnat
    jgnat

Considering the bickering that dogs every congregation I have been a part of, I'd say yes, churches can be strictly social. Kate, I don't advise that exited witnesses jump right in to another church or religion. As you have noted, you need time to recover.

An invitation to a home bible study for instance, which is quite common in my denomination, would be interpreted by a Witness as an invitation to commitment; a rather large one, at that. But regular churches use these smaller bible or prayer groups to build personal connections. There is no obligation to remain and no consequence if you stop going.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Children are the easiest to indoctrinate! Children who are indoctrinated have been abused.

• KateWild
    KateWild

But regular churches use these smaller bible or prayer groups to build personal connections.-jgant

Sounds fun, but I think I will be to argumentative because I am annoyed with God. I will probably scare them off at the moment hahaha! But thanks for the info. Kate xx

Angus, I agree, kids are the most vulnerable to indoctrination.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Yep, as said already you missed out the obvious choice... children.

• jgnat
    jgnat

But then children turn in to teenagers.

• losingit
    losingit

Interesting comment-- women long for justice more than men do... Well, I'm not sure that's true. Of course, ppl get upset wgen someone generalizes on such a large scale. But from my own experience, listening to my soon-to-be-ex talk while he was still in the Borg, he expressed a lot of sympathy, concern, and love for those that suffered from injustice. Many times we'd listen to the news and comment on the condition of many in the wprld today Perhaps it was the same ol' jw thinking-- oh, the world is in such disarray! The end is near!-- but I also feel tht he had a heart about such matters. It was his empathy for others that attracted me to him in the first place.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit