Who is easier to indoctrinate, men or women?

by kneehighmiah 52 Replies latest jw friends

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

From purely anecdotal evidence, I believe women are more indoctrinated on average. I can openly disagree with the governing body with men and it results in a discussion However, most women I've talked to have immediately shut me down by ending the conversation. The only person currently shunning me is a woman. I think that's why there are more women in the organization then men. Obviously I'm not trying to be sexist. Just stating my opinion. Look forward to hearing opinions from both men and women!

• Shador
    Shador

You're examining a flawed sample. Remember that in JW-land the women are taught to be subserviant.

I expect if there were some kind of amazon-like cult out there, you would find just the opposite.

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

Do you feel like cults especially prey on women?

• steve2
    steve2

Hedgehogs in heat. Male or female - it matters not for they believe absolutely anything the elders say. There is no shortage of hedgehogs in the organization. You can instantly spot them: they're short, prickly and roll up in a vengeful ball if you ask difficult questions.Be warned: if you prod that ball, you'll be greeted with a foul stench - some say the male is worse than the female. But from where I come from, a prick is a prick, whether male or female.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I`m not sure how this thread will turn out , I was indoctrinated at 19 years of age and I`m a male .

Women have no status in the organization unless they marry an elder , then they may appear to have status.

Males on the other hand have the opportunity to become big fish in a little pond , and many seek that . A nobody can become a somebody via religion.

If I havent done so already welcome kneehighmiah , size doesnt count here , wer`e all equal .

smiddy

• jam
    jam

Most of you here were born in but for those of you that

was the first generation, who attened the first meeting,

the first Bible study. My wife started attending first, never

would I had become a JW. I would say that 99% of the

brothers that came in around the 60's and 70's their wives

gave them a choice, you come along or it's over.LOL

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

Thanks smiddy! This site is making my transition bearable.

• prologos
    prologos

is this about doctrines? everchanging? no!-- indoctrination, not facts, not truth, mind control. recruiting.

depending on the local, woman are the big joiners, once in,

both woman & men struggle for the top,*

each in their own way, often really nastyly.

* we used to call them byciclists: Bowing down to the top, and kicking toward the bottom.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I think and this is just my Opinion but men tend to be more analytical and woman more emotional. With that said see more men realizing this is crap and woman staying in and not seeing it and if told becoming less willing to accept it. Me and my wife are good examples of this. I never was that spiritual and never really did much research etc. When I decided it didn't take me long to figure out this religion was all crap. My wife on the other hand just freaked out and ran off to the elders and even when she asks me a question about a belief and I show her scriptures that show her my belief is correct and the JW one is wrong it just goes in one ear and out the other as if it was never said.

• sspo
    sspo

I did notice being in the borg for 32 years that women would accpet the "truth" a lot more often than men. Sad to say very often it broke up many happy marriages as the wife would

spend nights and days away from her husband by going to meetings and knocking on doors.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit