For the many who remember "just2laws," he had a massive heart attack last night...

by AndersonsInfo 38 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I remember him..Sad..

...................................... ...OUTLAW

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I am sorry to hear of this terrible news. Steve was the first true ex-JW I met. I wasn't sure what to expect, after all he was an evil apostate. So, I met him at a local diner and told everyone I knew where I'd be. We shared lunch at a diner in Tallahassee, him driving up on his motorcycle and wearing a jacket and blue jeans. His hair and beard are what struck me when I first met him. He had left the Truth, and appeared to be having a great time! He was a good looking man for his age, and not the ghoul my Watchtower training painted as to what an apostate must look like. I remember that he told me how he learned to respond to questions about what his religious views currently were . .. he said he responded that he felt more aligned with Eastern religion. He said that that answer got people off his back. At the time, I was still trying to find reason in the Bible and had not yet explored Eastern philosophy. I thought his answer was pure strange for a former elder! But now, I understand his view. That lunch was sometime in early to mid 2005. We talked a few times over PM or e-mail, but I never saw him again due to moving away. Steve had his own crosses to bear, not unlike each of us. Nothing and no one is perfect, and Steve, I know, understood this. RIP and Namaste, Steve. Will have to light a candle for him. Wishing his family peace through this time.

namaste' headingnamaste' defined

"I honor the place in you where Spirit lives
    I honor the place in you which is
    of Love, of Truth, of Light, of Peace,
    when you are in that place in you,
    and I am in that place in me,
    then we are One."

I t is pronounced as "Namastay" with the first two a's as the first a in "America" and the ay as in "stay", but with the t pronounced soft with the area just behind the tip of the tongue pressing against the upper-front teeth with no air passing (as the t in "tamasha").

F or Hindu(s), the greeting of choice is Namaste', the two hands pressed together and held near the heart with the head gently bowed as one says, "Namaste'". Thus it is both a spoken greeting and a gesture, a Mantr(a) and a Mudr(a). The prayerful hand position is a Mudr(a) called Anjali, from the root Anj, "to adorn, honor, celebrate or anoint." The hands held in union signify the oneness of an apparently dual cosmos, the bringing together of spirit and matter, or the self meeting the Self. It has been said that the right hand represents the higher nature or that which is divine in us, while the left hand represents the lower, worldly nature.

Skeeter

• cofty
    cofty

I didn't know him but he was one of us.

Member: jst2laws

Year of Birth: 1948

Biography: I was baptized as a witness in 1964. I spent 10 years in the fulltime service, 6 at Bethel, 17 years as a PO, with circuit and district responsibilities. That all ended in 2001, with the Watchtower's acceptance of my resignation as an elder without a thank you nor a goodbye.

I always had doubts, even convictions the society was wrong on several issues. Over many years things seemed to get worse rather than better and I started becoming more vocal in my resistance. After butting heads with CO's for 6 years the last one decided I had to go. His dishonest efforts failed causing several on the body to consider leaving the organization. I was disfellowshipped for apostasy in February 2003.

Having broken with fundamentalism I have learned to embrace the uncertainty that comes with the real search for truth. There are no absolute answers as the WT conditioned us to expect, but there is LOVE that unites everyone and everything, and only two laws for mankind, both regarding the same.

Jst2laws

• LoisLane looking for Superman
  • cantleave
    cantleave

So sad, our sincere condolences

• minimus
    minimus

Sad, I remember him as a fair man.

• williamhconley
    williamhconley

Very young, so sad.

Our love and condolences to the family. At least he passed away free and enjoying life.

His post were very informative and insightful.

W.H. Conley

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

This is so sad. So premature.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I'm gutted. I stayed with the family on several occasions, chatting with Steve into the wee small hours on diverse subjects including string theory, of all things. It crossed my mind to get in touch, earlier this week, as our paths hadn't crossed in years. Thanks for letting me know, Jerry. Deep sympathy to the family. Needless to say, you are in my thoughts and prayers, guys. {{{hugs}}}

• TJ Curioso
    TJ Curioso

My condolences to the family.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit