For the many who remember "just2laws," he had a massive heart attack last night...

by AndersonsInfo 38 Replies latest jw friends

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

and died at home in Panama City Beach, Florida. Steve Imhof, a Bethelite in the 1970s and former very active elder who became a very vocal WT critic starting in 2002, was 65 years old when he died. He was father to three children and two grandchildren. Many posters on this board have fond memories of the hospitality of the Imhoffs who kindly welcomed former JWs to their Florida home on the beach during the years 2002-2005.

Barbara and Joe

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

So sorry to hear this...our love & sympathies to the family & friends...

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Oh no, too young. Barbara please pass our sympathies and condolences on to those who loved him.

• Angharad
    Angharad

So sorry to hear this, we were lucky enough to meet Steve and his family in Florida one year, great memories. Condolences to the family

Thanks for letting us know Barb

• Simon
    Simon

That's so sad to hear.

We have great memories of meeting Steve and Joy and their family on several occassions both in the UK and when they hosted a big meetup at their house on the beach (where we also got to meet Barb and her husband!).

He was a really genuinely nice guy and so easy to talk to and full of interesting stories.

We were very fortunate to have him be part of this community and he'll be missed by many who's lives he touched.

• JeffT
    JeffT

My condolences to the family.

• Ding
    Ding

Sorry to hear this.

I am glad that he and his family were able to establish a life outside the Watchtower organization.

• JWOP
    JWOP

Wow, that's horrible! Many hugs to the family members!

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

So sorry to hear this!

I have had an email tab open on my computer, in composition, addressed to Steve... for the last several months(!). Yes, I am a procrastinator at email, but I really wanted/intended to reply to Steve's open-hearted and welcoming messages to me earlier.

What a loss to all!

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Sorry to hear..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit