Theists - does your god DESERVE to be respected or worshipped?

by cantleave 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Yes, an excellent post from snare&racket

Those of you that enjoyed the post should read the small, easy-to-read paperback by Richard Dawkins - The Magic of Reality.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

Robert my purpose in mentioning matthews chapter 4 is because you asked the question where did Jesus say that God needs to be worshipped so I gave you two examples one example were Jesus said that god should be worshipped in another example where the father says that the Son needs to be worshipped worshiping God is more than living a clean and moral life a person can live clean and not even worship God the fact of the matter is we're all sinners we all need a Savior.and John chapter 4 verse 24 Jesus told the Samaritan woman God is spirit and those desiring to worship God must worship with spirit and truth so it's more than just worshipping god by living clean we have to worship God with truth and spirit

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

'Allo Ravens, how are you doing?

I once believed like you until I decided to take further steps forward. I looked into the eidence outside of the Bible, that Jesus existed. There really is none. I looked at the effect of prayers and discovered they are no more than a balm we use in conjunction with our confirmation bias. Prayer is a complete waste of time...no one is listening....no one will help apart from your fellow man who are atheists, satanists, pastafarians and a whole bunch of other beliefs. I think I did a thread here somewhere. But here's one I did earlier.........

http://exjehovahswitnessforum.yuku.com/topic/25977/Prayer-Does-it-work

Anyway young Ravens, me ol' mucker, me ol' cock sparra' have a think outside of being tied to scripture if you will. You might find you are just forcing yourself into a mould you think will make you happy or offers hope that doesn't exist.

Let me know what you think......and mind 'ow ya go, guv'nar!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit