Theists - does your god DESERVE to be respected or worshipped?

by cantleave 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

"Theists - does your god DESERVE to be respected or worshipped?"

Yep.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

Phizzy,weather I made 3 if punkys list isn't quite the issue if what I say is true then God does deserve to be worshiped

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Why does God need to be worshipped? If MT 22:37-40 are the greatist commandments, where did Jesus Christ state in the Bible that God needed to be worshipped? Is it possible to interpret MT 22:37-40 to just mean desire to be truthful and forgiving to others, instead of desiring to hurt other people, lying, and other negative emotions?

I prefer to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ to live a healtier and happier life instead of getting into heaven. I prefer to live in the here and now instead of some possible future fantasy.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• poppers
    poppers

I once heard Kenneth Copeland describe God's height and weight, something along the lines of 6'2" and 190 pounds. WTF?

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Kate my dear, you keep saying "science without religion is lame..."

But 'science' is LITERALLY a 5 step method of how to do a good experiment, the scientific method is a checklist of things to do In order to reduce error. That IS science. I am sincerely confused by what you mean?

What does buddah or the umin and thumin have to do with chi squared figures or p values or peer review or impact factors or methods and predictions?

Its like saying 'the correct way of building a table from ikea by following the instructions, is lame without religion' it literally makes no sense.

Science for me as a JW used to mean a movement, a belief system, a group of people with an agenda, but that is just JW paranoia. Science means observing the universe we live in, via the scientific method, a 5 step process that reduces error. A process suggested by Francis Bacon 150 years ago. What on earth does this even have to do with churches, scrolls from the desert, golden idols of many armed women, lot having sex with his daughters in a cave, drunk, the day sfter his wife dies....? Religion includes these texts, so being someone who does science, which religion am I supposed to be involved with for my science to not be 'lame'? In what capacity am I to introduce this religion to my science? Or from the alternate viewpoint most adopt...How does observing the side effects of heartburn medicine, or measuring the speed of the particle become LAME if someone involved with that data or reading it is not religious?

Sorry for the "fire in the hole" grenade, but you keep saying it and it just makes no sense as a sentence. Please can you explain it?

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

Robert matthew 4:4, and the father says the son should be worshiped hebrews 1:5, 6

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

Or verses 5-9 in matthew 4

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

Poppers,kenneth is crazey. Sadly ppl fall for his scams

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

So this is the third thread in the past 24 hours that effectively ends up exposing Kate's cognitive dissonance.

No offence meant Kate but can you see a common theme here?

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Give her a break, letting go of Watchtowers rope is scary enough, without jumping off the white cliffs of 'deity'.....

The atheist landing looks a long way down, it looks painful and most have been observed to travel to it in quite an ungraceful manner, usually screaming....

It took me about 3 years to leave WT completly, from research to 'goodbye'... Then another 1 year of research to realise that the bible was a little squiffy to say the least. Another year or so, alongside the bible research, saw me reach atheism.

It's actually a lot of hard graft, lots of hands on research, MANY hours reading. The good news is that literally ALL the evidence makes the answers quite obvious, in my opinion. But that is for others to discover or not.

I see Kate has taken a fondness to Einstein, though I don't think she appreciates that he needed a god for his physics to make sense, not a biblical god, a force to keep order, an energy, nowhere near the god of religious people, it was einsteins own invention to explain the gap,in physics, apparant nonrandomness and the famous 'god doesnt play dice'. I personally have NO DOUBT that modern physics removes that need just as much as evolution did for biology, Einstein today would be a little embarassed. The guy was poor at maths and also refused to wear socks, its not like he was a truth machine by the way! He he he

The universe doesnt need an 'anti dice deity' anymore for the physics to makes sense. Science, namely physics is no longer lame without slapping a god in the unknowns.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit