Sign this petition - Investigation On Jehovahs Witnesses Religious Policy That Violates Human Rights and Abuses Religious Freedom

by TJ Curioso 170 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    ohh, really is that what it was all about outlaw, seriously. I was all excited and now I feel kinda taken advantage of.
    I thought signatures would mean something. Ahh well, lessons are always being learned. Love Kate xx
    Advertising on Change.org
    Our mission is to empower people everywhere to create the change they want to see – and that means keeping our petition platform free for our tens of millions of users around the world (read more about our business model here).

How advertising works on Change.org

Anyone can pay to advertise a campaign

Individuals and organizations can pay Change.org to advertise petitions to potential supporters

The petition is featured to other Change.org users

We show the petition to Change.org users who have shown an interest in similar causes.

Users decide which campaigns to support

If a user sees an ad for a petition they like, they can choose whether or not to sign it.

.........................................................................................................................................

................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• KateWild
    KateWild

If a user sees an ad for a petition they like, they can choose whether or not to sign it.-outlaw

Then what? back to step 1 I guess, a bit of circular reasoning? I can see clearly, thanks for a red pill, love Kate xx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1MjRp0ys5I

• Violia
    Violia

I'm not signing anything b/c I don't want my email or name on some unknown form on the net.

Simon, I have read what you have written and while it seems true on the surface, you ignore what happened to us to bring us all here on the board you started. What you are saying sounds exactly like the WTS, "why don't the apostates just leave us alone ?" I have heard this many times, why oh why don't' those who leave just SHUT UP AND GO AWAY? B/C they have our families and friends and religion should not break up families and friends. Don't act like jws have a choice, they really don't. Any jws who does not shun ( if discovered and he's not an high ranking) will be threatened with shunning themselves.

Most of us are here b/c we are not going to shut up and go away. Did YOU go away and shut up? NO you started the biggest Xjws board on the net. Maybe you have forgotten what we all came here for?

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

"Most of us are here b/c we are not going to shut up and go away. Did YOU go away and shut up? NO you started the biggest Xjws board on the net. Maybe you have forgotten what we all came here for?"

Starting a forum is very very very INCREDIBLY different than trying to change the situation by law. You don't have to leave the WT "alone" and "just SHUT UP AND GO AWAY"; however, trying to create a petition to get some sort of legal action 1) won't work, and 2) if it did, would have incredibly bad side-effects.

MMM

• Simon
    Simon

I don't believe the WTS will change the shunning policy due to external pressure while it continues to accomplish it's goal of making people hesitate before leaving. If enough people leave then they will change it because at a certain point it will do them more harm than good i.e. a cascade effect. There is no indication this will happen though because people rarely leave en-mass, simply as individuals or family units.

That's why I think it makes more sense to work on helping people to cope with the pain of shunning and deal with their family and friends in a constructive way (through other people's experiences) rather than taking advantage of people's pain for simple self-promotion through a campaign that even the creators of it apparently don't believe in as possibly being successful.

This site was started to give people a voice and allow people to ask questions and associate regardless of their 'status' in any congregation which hopefully helps a little with the shunning. It's not here to promote anything or anyone or to raise funds for any campaign (other than the hosting costs which is why we have ads).

• Simon
    Simon

And I don't advocate anyone just 'shut up and go away'. I think it should be made perfectly clear to the people causing harm to their families that it is THEY who chose to do it, whether it's because of a carrot or stick or someone elses suggestion they themselves chose to follow it and they alone can chose not to. They shouldn't get to hide behind some doctrine or magazine - it's THEM that chose to do it.

Tell them.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL! They actually admitted that?

Well, at least they're setting expectations rather low.... In fact, can they be set ANY lower?

(Although, it might've been nice had they disclosed that fact IN the petition, itself, rather than letting people conclude their signing it was going to actually ACCOMPLISH something).

Imagine that: some group offering false hopes and a pipe-dream to others and telling them what they want to hear, when they know it's not going to do anything but 'tickle ears' (and build an e-mail list).........Adam

Yes they did admit,they didn`t believe they would be taken seriously..

The Reality is:

Change.Org gets the "Email list" the AAWA provided for them..

That "Personal Information" is given to Change.Org "Paying Customers"..

......................AAWA Got Advertising..

................................................................ photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Why is it all to violate apostate privacy rights? First, there was FB. I recall many members here were affected. Second, why is it all right for change.org to collect email signatures?

There should be censure for such acts. I don't need rescue. Apostates should be held to a higher standard of dealing than the WT. These process questions are important. How many people are deciding to do these silly actions? Outlaw made the point better than I can.

Did money pass hands during the petition drive or now? How do members who signed the petition in good faith know what Change.org will do with their contact info?

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

It finally hit the 1/2 way point, exactly 2,500, 2,500 to go.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It finally hit the 1/2 way point, exactly 2,500, 2,500 to go.

...............................................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit