Sign this petition - Investigation On Jehovahs Witnesses Religious Policy That Violates Human Rights and Abuses Religious Freedom

by TJ Curioso 170 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• TJ Curioso
    TJ Curioso

Launch an Investigation On Jehovah’s Witnesses’ Religious Policy That Violates Human Rights and Abuses Religious Freedom

Link

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

Signed.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Did that last night.

We need an NGO...just like that Watchtower used to have.

• Simon
    Simon

Really?

300+ signatures so far.

A long way before we have the same level of support as those wanting to force EA to include female characters in their soccer games (nearly 13,000)

http://www.change.org/petitions/tell-ea-sports-to-include-female-characters-on-their-soccer-games

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Signed.

• Watchtower-Free
  • Azazel
    Azazel

signed

It wont be too long here in Australia before the Royal Commision into Child abuse in religion will get to the WTS

• rmt1
    rmt1

signed

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I don't sign petitions that will be ignored. The Witnesses are a religion and Freedom of Religion applies to them. Further, I don't see any human rights abuses. If you want to be taken seriously, you need to research what human rights abuses are and show how a practice falls within the definition. This is a sloppy job. But, hey, sign away. Action! I call it embarassment.

• Simon
    Simon

I agree BoTR - saying things like 'the law states' makes it look silly when the law is obviously being misquoted or misunderstood.

Still, since it was posted on here the number has more than doubled ... but still a rather paltry ~700 (in the grand scheme of things)

It simply screams "no support for this".

Again, it's badly done - to do it properly you prepare your base for the campaign, make sure everyone knows about it and is ready to act, work on their contacts, bloggers etc... Make it something that other groups could support and then publicise it, then publicise the trending momentum it has etc...

Sorry, it was half baked and the language of the petition too long and confusing to be effective to elecit support from anyone beyond our own ranks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit