Sign this petition - Investigation On Jehovahs Witnesses Religious Policy That Violates Human Rights and Abuses Religious Freedom

by TJ Curioso 170 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The Petition was Changed ..Now..The New Petition has Signatures on it..

........................From People who Signed the Old Petition..

......................Good Morning!..Thank you for calling AAWA!!..

...........................No..We Scrapped the New Petition Too..

................We`re Asking Everyone To "Mail In a GrapeFuit" With..

...................................Anti WBT$ Slogans On Them..

..........................................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

It sounds like a Yoko Ono art performance. One of her pieces was called "Grapefruit,"

• Simon
    Simon

"For all your anti-Watchtower Grapefruit needs, call AAWA ... only 200 yards from this cinema" [slow zoom-out from static photo of people holding grapefruits, taken circa 1975].

What I could tell from the change.org website is it seems to be a lot of hot-air. You can pay for them to promote your cause which is how they make their money. But they don't seem to spend any of it on validating the signatures which makes the whole thing as trustworthy as the voting on American Idol.

So what's the point? If you have a million signatures, no one is going to read it still - let alone act on it.

It's placebo politics.

http://www.informationdiet.com/blog/read/change-dot-biz

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702303296604577452680772815446

http://www.forbes.com/sites/tomiogeron/2012/10/17/activism-for-profit-change-org-makes-an-impact-and-makes-money/

• Simon
    Simon

Maybe worth noting, change.org is very much a "for profit" and it appears they sell people's information to other campaigns (see the articles linked above).

Also, your information may be shared with the created of a campaign. We all know how much a certain group respects privacy so be careful ...

• If you sign a petition, please be advised that, even if you uncheck the box “Display my signature publicly”, your Personal Information may be delivered to the intended recipient of such campaign and/or the creator of such campaign either electronically or in writing; the Company does not in any manner monitor or attempt to verify the intended recipients of any campaign and/or the creator of any campaign and disclaims all liability regarding the accuracy of the intended recipient(s) of all campaigns and/or creator(s) of all campaigns. Please note further that if you choose to display your signature to a petition publicly, you are also consenting to the disclosure of your name, city, state and a link to your change.org user profile on the landing page for such petition, indicating that you have signed such petition; this information will be visible to any visitor of our website, including search engines and other organizations which provide archival internet activities (See Section 4 below).

http://www.change.org/en-CA/about/privacy

• adamah
    adamah

Yeah, I noticed a few familiar names on the petition site which were 'outed' (listing their name and city/State), and whether it was intentional or their desired result is beyond me. It seems obvious to say, but anyone trying to fly 'under the radar' to pull off a successful fade should be aware of the risks of being 'outed' against their will, and should proceed with caution....

Adam

• Simon
    Simon

If your personal contact details are going to get onto someone's list you need to be absolutely certain that they are not only not going to misuse it themselves but they are also going to protect it and ensure that anyone within their organization that has access to it will also do the same.

I would not recommend sharing personal data with any group that doesn't have a good track record of respecting privacy and does not have clear public policies about how they handle such information.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Change.org charges groups for the privilege of sponsoring petitions that are matched to users who have similar interests. For example, when a person signs a petition about education and clicks “submit,” a box pops up and shows five sponsored petitions on education to also sign. If a user leaves a box checked that says “Keep me updated on this campaign and others,” the sponsor can then send e-mails directly to that person. It’s not clear from the check box that your e-mail address is being sold to a not-for-profit.
    Investigation to Determine If Jehovah’s Witnesses Have A Right to Use Coercion—
    Forms of Mental Torture—To Force Its Members Not to Leave......"Petition"

........................AAWA..............................................A.Anyone can get Access to Those Names?!..

.....Now has 1,962 +.. Supporters Names that are.. .. ................................................................Sweet!!..

.... .....................................

........................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I can't believe it yet I can. Not another FB type disaster.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I can't believe it yet I can. Not another FB type disaster.....BOTR

.......................................................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

You can sign the petition but change your name a little bit, a little of first or last name, etc, or city, for those worried full name and true city may be too risky for them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit