The Pastor of my Old Church Tried to Re-Convert Me Yesterday

by cofty 2596 Replies latest jw experiences

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Caliber ypu say " all things that appear equal are at least always not understood"

Jesus (innocent) got what he didnt deserve..sinners ( guilty) get what they dont deserve...so getting what we deserve and what we dont deserve is justice.

thats a bogus parralell or false conclusion...assumption.

Its not what you think, its how you think.

• caliber
    caliber

new hope and happiness

Its not what you think, its how you think.

Our attitude , hopes and dreams ... our dominate spirit.. influence our conclusions ?

Are you saying we think about events then draw moral conclusions based on life experience and maybe assumptions

we wish to fit in ?

I am only just trying to understand your point.. not find fault

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

No i wasnt saying that at all Caliber.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

caliber

"A ham sandwich is better than nothing...
    Nothing is better than eternal happiness...
    Therefore...
    A ham sandwich is better than eternal happiness."

This is the sort of false dichotomy that leads to convoluted thinking. It is dishonest and misleading.

Ham sandwiches exist. Eternal happiness is an unfulfilled promise; in other words nothing.

If I were you I would take the ham sandwich and waive the rest.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

my point calibet was " Anyone can have an opinion" .....but peoples opinions are often the result of unquestioning adoration ( i liked that word adoration) to God or athisam...its i cant spell " fernatic" so i will write " relentless"

• caliber
    caliber

OK Glad I see your point but to take it farther then...

Can we as humans try to parallel earthly things that we observe with heavenly things or spiritual qualities ?

Eternal happiness is an unfulfilled promise; in other words nothing

faith , hope and love are they also nothing then... since we cannot eat then or touch them ?

• jgnat
    jgnat

faith in....what?

hope in....what?

love....who and how?

Faith in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, nothing. Hope in a televangelist, empty. Cat lady loving her cats in a smelly condemned home, misguided.

Belief in a future fulfilled eternal happiness, unprovable.

Faith, hope, and love, applied well, is deeply meaningful.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Caliber..words ...hope and love are " words" they only exist to YOU as the meaning you give those words " HOPE" and " hAPPINESS" ...or even LOVE...lets see some action GOD...

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

caliber Faith, hope and love are not nothing. They are emotions and longings that are a part of being human.

The existence of such emotions and longings do not automatically prove the existence of a spirit realm. Nor do they disprove the existence of a spirit realm or a spiritual ham sandwich.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Our loving GOD reads this post, his piercing eyes sad and are full of tears..my eyes are directed to heaven....WHERE were you when the tsammni that killed 250, ooo...i was " NOWHERe" .but iam "NOW here" he answers some peoples heart....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit