The Pastor of my Old Church Tried to Re-Convert Me Yesterday

by cofty 2596 Replies latest jw experiences

• Hummingbird001
    Hummingbird001

Outlaw, I said I recognized Strypes vitriolic style from the other forum. I didn't "bash the forum".

I asked earlier in this thread if Strypes here was the same as Strypes from the other forum, and she pretended it was not her. I was merely saying that I now know she is the same Strypes from both forums, based on her style of posting and the name.

• tec
    tec

Tec, you were not the one I got emails from. he was a guy and I do not remember his name.

Then it was not from any admin on my forum. I am pretty sure that you are mixing us up with some other forum that you were on. Plus, we haven't even been open for two years yet.

Peace,

tammy

• strypes
    strypes

Raspberry chocolate truffles would have been me... *love them*

• strypes
    strypes

@Outlaw, FYI

Hummingbird from page 54 of this thread...

Is this the same Strypes from tec's voice hearers forum? I'm thinking it is.

• Hummingbird001
    Hummingbird001

Are you another person recruiting for tec's forum, or what? What's going on here?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Outlaw, I said I recognized Strypes vitriolic style from the other forum. I didn't "bash the forum".....Hummingbird001

Yup. Same Strypes as from tec's voice-hearers forum. I recognize the vitriol......Hummingbird001

You recognize The Vitrol from Strypes.....From Tammy and Shelbys forum??!!..

I`m telling you your mistaken and it would have never be allowed..

Had Strypes attacked JWN or JWN Forum Members on the other forum..

I would have dealt with it..

Lets leave it at that.....I don`t want to derail Coftys thread..

.......................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Hummingbird001
    Hummingbird001

Yes, I "thought" you were the same person. You pretended you weren't. Now I "know" you are.

I'm done playing your game.

• tec
    tec

Back on topic, here is an article that describe what would happen to the earth and life ON the earth, if there were no earthquakes:

http://www.yearofscience2009.org/themes_geosciences/2009/10/no-earthquakes.html

I'm sure there are other articles out there that people could find. I searched and read for a little while. Note that even though the articles says... no plate tectonics... it is the plate tectonics crashing into one another (not smoothly gliding past one another) that cause the earthquakes that cause the mountain formations and other such things as mentioned in the article, that prevent high solar winds, maintain our climate, some other stuff about not building up too much CO2, etc, etc. I found a handful of other articles, but anyone can google... what would happen if there were no earthquakes, to find this out.

So while this does not answer the question Cofty posed... it does rebut his basis for calling God ineffectual or weak... because 'it would be trivially easy to design plates to slide without friction and build up'. Maybe that is true. But it would not be trivially easy to do that AND have a planet capable of supporting the life it currently has, if any life at all. The science indicates otherwise, in fact.

So it would seem that science supports that this design 'flaw'... is necessary for at least the life that we have, which includes man.

From number one in the summary:

1. Answers that seek to change the question.

For example...
    Blaming humans for damaging the earth
    References to "the fall"
    Slippery-slope arguments such as, "if god prevents a tsunami where does he stop?"
    Any answer that appeals to free-will.

Rational Response
    The question of this thread is very specific. It only concerns "natural evil". In theology this term relates to suffering that is not caused by human actions. Earthquakes and tsunamis have been happening for millions of years before humans appeared. They are a result of plate tectonics. They are not caused by anything humans have done.

If god chose to do so he could refuse to stop suffering caused by human actions while preventing the negative consequences of how he chose to make the world. Either directly or indirectly, the tsunami was entirely an act of god.

If god had calmed the wave before it had even reached the surface no human would ever have known about it and no free will would have been effected in any way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

References to the fall do not change the question. References to the fall move the question OUT OF the class of 'natural disasters' and into the class of having been a result of human decision... right from the get-go.

Adam and Eve could not have been killed in a tsunami upon their creation... a) they had a different body, and b) they were in the garden of eden (a spiritual place). The spirit body is also NOT subject to physical harm. Like I said earlier, the angels in their spirit bodies have no fear of a tsunami or tornado.

The new body that was given to them (the physical body that we inherited) is unable to dwell in the spiritual realm, and it is subject to death.

If we had the spirit bodies... and were still in the spiritual realm... then we would be in no danger of harm or death from any natural movement of the earth. Movements (including the results of earthquakes and volcanoes, etc) make physical life on this planet possible to begin with. In the Kingdom, we will have new bodies (white robe/clean bodies). The earth will still move (as far as I know)... but the new body that we would have had and will now have... will not be subject to harm or death from such things.

So... there is no design flaw to begin with. And the harm that comes to man from the physical world IS a result of the decision and action of the first of men; who made that call for all of his offspring. Which we are.

The earth is not flawed. Man IS.

Peace,

tammy

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Are you another person recruiting for tec's forum, or what? What's going on here?.....Hummingbird001

We don`t allow Recruiting on JWN..

I don`t allow JWN Forum Rules to be Broken,from the xjwsforChrist Forum..

Anyone who wants to Test That..

Will have their Account Terminated on the Other forum..

....................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• Viviane
    Viviane

I don't understand how that article rebuts anything, tec. It just seems that the argument is still "god is impotent", there there something he can't do, make a planet that doesn't kill the people he created. Saying things like "There's no design flaw" means God knew this type of stuff would kill millions of people.

I don't know what you're talking about with spirit creatures and Adam and Eve.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit