The most disturbing Watchtower quote in 2013.

by never a jw 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mistified
    mistified

never a jw, it is really disturbing that they still believe UN will be attacking christendom. not sure what wt it was but i'm sure you remember it

• humbled
    humbled

CaRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZZZEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is, bar none, the worst thing I've heard of the WBTS. If my old friends who are "in" the Org. sat through that study and are still believing this insane leadership.....then what is left of their brain?

I am so repulsed that I would LOVE to get a magazine with that study article.

Anyone?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Over%forme:

"the assyrian" attacks? What is that?

The same magazine says:

In the near future, Jehovah’s apparently vulnerable people will come under attack from the modern-day “Assyrian,” whose intent will be to wipe them out. The Scriptures refer to that attack as well as the attack of ‘Gog of Magog,’ the attack of “the king of the north,” and the attack of “the kings of the earth.” ... Do these represent separate attacks? Not necessarily. The Bible could be referring to the same attack under different names.

Basically, "the Assyrian" is whatever boogeyman the Watch Tower Society decides seems like the biggest 'threat' at any particular time.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Mistified, I believe is the July magazine (new light).

Thanks Jetro. I wasn't too far off after all.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not."

If anything has been proven this year, whatever these secret instructions are that the GB gives to the sheeples, it will be posted here on JWN before my parents hear a word about it.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

never a jw:

Thanks Jetro.

Jeffro

I wasn't too far off after all.

Indeed. It's no surprise that they keep things as ambiguous as possible. Especially since whenever they've been specific in the past about such things, they just embarrass themselves. Although 2014 is very 'exciting' for them, slightly increasing the chances of them saying something incredibly stupid (even more than usual).

• mauiboy
    mauiboy

The "Mentally diseased" thing should rate in the top 4 or 5

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Those damn Assyrians. They ruin everything. I would guess that what actually happened is far different from the history as articulated by the Watchtower.

In any event, the comment:

the lifesaving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not.

is a winner in my book.

I have not seen any second place comments.

• kneehighmiah
    kneehighmiah

Statements like this are why I'm done with the GB. They've placed themselves in the seat of Christ as our deliverers. Matt 24 and 1 Thes 4 clearly show Christ will deliver his chosen ones. Salvation is by him alone. We don't need to follow imperfect men. He never said anywhere in the scriptures that we need to rely on men for salvation. Once again we resort to some OT pprophecy to give the GB legitimacy as our saviors.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Mentally diseased blah blah blah.

Happy new years everyone! Wishing you all health and happyness in the new years!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit