The most disturbing Watchtower quote in 2013.

by never a jw 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• never a jw
    never a jw

I am trying to put together the worst of 2013. The first quote that comes to mind is possibly your "favorite" too. Do you have any other disturbing quotes from the publications in the WT?

Elders who are reading this article can draw some useful conclusions from the account we have just considered: (1) The most practical step that we can take to prepare for the coming attack of “the Assyrian” is that of strengthening our faith in God and helping our brothers to do the same. (2) When “the Assyrian” attacks, the elders must be absolutely convinced that Jehovah will deliver us. (3) At that time, the lifesaving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not. (4) Now is the time for any who may be putting their trust in secular education, material things, or human institutions to adjust their thinking. The elders must stand ready to help any who may now be wavering in their faith. 11/15/13 WT page 20, parag 17

• patient
    patient

i have to say that one is pretty good ... seeing as many have died in the past obeying what has now changed! thank you for sharing will follow thread

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

That is the winner. Period.

The one about not communicating with disfellowshipped via e mail....was that this year?

• Over%forme
    Over%forme

"the assyrian" attacks? What is that?

• never a jw
    never a jw

prblem addict.

That certainly was this year. I will find it. There are two in the daily text. One about obedience, the other about research being not good. I have to find the exact quotes,

• mistified
    mistified

hows about the one about four months ago about false religion

• never a jw
    never a jw

The assyrian attack may have been a mixture of history and mythology from the Bible that the FDS is trying to use as prophecy that applies to them. They, the WT, may be preparing for the great internet apostate attack and the lawsuits regarding pedophiles in the midst of the WT. Right?

I hope I don't get corrected by the great scholars at JWN. If I do, I am sure I will learn something.

• never a jw
    never a jw

mistified,

Do you have the specific reference? I haven't heard about it

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Jesus also prays about what we as sinners must do to qualify for the undeserved gift of everlasting life. WT October Study ed. Free gift eh? Beware of Greeks bearing gifts.

• mistified
    mistified

never a jw, it is really disturbing that they still believe UN will be attacking christendom. not sure what wt it was but i'm sure you remember it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit