The most disturbing Watchtower quote in 2013.

by never a jw 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Jim Jones would be proud.

Bangalore

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

The GB are not my mediator.

They are the apostates.

• metatron
    metatron

Blatantly Unscriptural, guys.

When Jesus was told to jump 'cause the angels will catch you, did he obey?

metatron

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

That quote even sounds worse in the Watchtower Simplified Edition

"At that time, the direction that you receive from Jehovah’s organization may seem STRANGE or UNUSUAL. But all of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether we agree with them or not, because obeying these instructions will save our lives."

THE WATCHTOWER Simplified (STUDY EDITION) NOVEMBER 2013 paragraph 17 page 20

• tiki
    tiki

i love billy the bethelite's comment.....hhahah we'll know first! too funny.

and the simplified vs. the non-simplified?!? good gawd............from third grade to kindergarten?

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Marked

• DS211
    DS211

Marked

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

Marked

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

"At that time, the lifesaving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not"

Do they mean this type of advice?

"If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things…Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers.” AWAKE 1969

That kind of advice? Yup, I followed it; it did not appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint.

And it WASN'T sound, from either standpoint.

• Island Man
    Island Man

Never a JW I think the "irrational obedience" quote you highlighted is indeed the worst. But you missed something in your highlighting - a great hidden irony to be found in (4). Let me hightlight to illustrate:

"At that time, the lifesaving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not . (4) Now is the time for any who may be putting their trust in secular education, material things, or human institutions to adjust their thinking."

A very human institution - the WTBTS - is telling JWs to be ready to obey instructions from them that may seem unsound; and yet it turns around and tells them now is not the time to put their trust in human institutions. O the irony!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit