New to JWN and excited!

by sunny23 42 Replies latest jw experiences

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Welcome. Welcome. Welcome.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Wecome sunny23, It sounds like you have been on an emotional rollercoaster since 2005. Best of wishes graduating from college.

DITTO what Julia Orwell wrote about reading Steve Hassan's books (i.e., "Combatting Cult Mind Control", "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves", and (his latest book) "Freedom of Mind: Helping Loved Ones Leave Controlling People, Cults and Beliefs) and visiting his website www.freedomofmind.com and watching videos on his website like Strategic Interactive Approach explained 2003 (1:23:23).

By the way I'm curious why you joined, because it seems like a lot of new members joined JWN recently. Does the holidays help people to overcome their fears and join JWN?

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome sunny 23 , WE are a world wide community , enjoy your stay. (from down under , OZ )

smiddy

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Glad to have you with us Sunny23. It's good that you found your way out and you have intelligent parents who don't shun you. Hope to hear more from you.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I read your mind dude, I remember reaching that 'level' of the game too... Quite a confusing 'end of level' boss up ahead... The bible.

I dont like to preach, just signpost people, these are two books that helped me make my desicions about the bible. Everything will come together and make sense, also be prepared for evidence and references for the first time ever, not just "because we 8 window cleaners in Brooklyn say so!" That isnt how scholars and researchers work at all, quite the opposite. They give you the data, their interpretation, then you can decide...

The two best resources I can suggest are....

Who Wrote The Bible? by RE Friedman

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wrote-Bible-Richard-Elliott-Friedman/dp/0060630353/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1388392688&sr=1-1&keywords=who+wrote+the+bible

The Lost Christianities by BD Ehrman

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lost-Christianities-Battles-Scripture-Faiths/dp/0195182499

Any religious person with attachment for the bible, owe's it to themselves to AT THE VERY LEAST to know the information in these two books before reading one verse and CERTAINLY before quoting any verse to another human being.

The first is a history of the bible, it's opening chapters will blow your JW mind apart, you will be amazed at how much we were lied to about the most basic bible information, like who wrote what when. What we were told is embarassingly laughable and the obviousness of it all leaves you doing major facepalms.

The second is a history of how the scrolls were selected and by who, to form the 'bible'. What was the motive, what was left out, why? Its fantastic.

snare x

• KateWild
    KateWild

Nice to meet you sunny23,

Met a few girls since then but fell in love with the one i currently live happily with and for the last year and 4 months.- sunny23

This is so lovely, I hope things wotk out well, but enjoy the newness of eachother. Sounds like you have moved on. Well done. Kate xx

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

Welcome Sunny23, this forum is a great place with people who know what you've been through and who will help you with whatever you will go through from here. It's a comforting place!

I'm curious to read your thoughts about Christmas, so bring it on

Happy New Year!

• designs
  • jwfacts
    jwfacts

Welcome. You have been through a lot and it is good to see it has mostly worked out well for you in the end.

• pbrow
    pbrow

welcome.....

I have to ask..... tug of war with cyclops??? ROFLOL!!

pbrow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit