Who are the real WT puppet masters ?

by cookiemaster 82 Replies latest jw experiences

• cookiemaster
    cookiemaster

A few days ago I posted my estimations about how much the WT actually makes a year. You guys were all really helpful and provided a lot of useful info. A good estimate would be 2-3 billion dollars a year. If that's the case, my next question is if the governing body members are really the masters of the 7 million worldwide slaves that support this billion dollars collosus or if they're just puppets in the hands of someone else.

The answer to this question is important to me because the ones who control this organization also control the fate of the millions of members which follow blindly, among which my family and friends. Imagine if one day the media would reveal that the anointed slave was just a corporate puppet, if this information would flood all electronic mediums, how many would leave ? how many would at least put to question and scrutiny the authority of the slave ? That's why I ask myself who really controls this profitable cult that has impacted my life so much and what are their intentions with it ?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

A good estimate would be 2-3 billion dollars a year.

awww... Thats a bit high, total assets including real estate might be around there though.

All the workings to lure people into this religious publishing house were to proliferate the WTS's own published literature,

the doctrines were not only to attract but also instill fear into people's minds so that they would work in doing just that.

The so called spreading of the Gospel was really the spreading out of the WTS. literature

for public consumption. There were always devised doctrines created to attract attention to the organization's literature.

( Jesus return, the end times etc. ) Which were really frauduant acts of commercalism.

Was there anything legally wrong with that ?, certainly not where religion has a free go ahead. ( the United States)

In that realization the WTS/JWS could very well be the world's largest act of religious charlatanism

orchestrated by one singular religious organization in human history.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

To build on Finkelstein's answer: Asking who is in charge, which really is intended to get at "What is the goal of the organization?", is a bit like asking what is the purpose behind a species of life evolving in a certain way. It did because it could; because the adaptations it went through allowed it to keep existing. The Society, no matter who runs it, exists for the sake of continuing to exist.

It's an organization of men, therefore it is organic in the same sense as an ant colony is organic, or a species is alive. It does what it needs to in order to perpetuate its control over people and its position in society, even if that includes sacrificing individual members or changing its teachings slowly over time in order to adapt.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I am in the belief that it is the legal department, the lawyers, that are ultimaatly in control. The creation of numerous corperations to keep the money safe from legal settlements is but one example.

The leitigation is continual, so it is a real cash cow for lawyers.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I think the legal and finance department have very different goals to the organisation.

I saw how they lived in the UK bethel, they were their own entity, quite seperate.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

2 Billion/ Year??? You gotta be joking. Where did you pull that number from. That would be 285 dollars per constituent. I'm sure they don't generate that kind of revenue from selling their marketing trash to JW's.....

Seriously. Just because they have real estate to launder. doesn't mean they are cash rich. There are many public corporations that have real estate and go BK. Sun Micro is one that i can recall that had huge real estate, in silicon valley....back in the day.

Their business model is broken. They are getting out of the printing business and they are selling real estate??; it appears to me.....where are the new revenue sources??.....It's all smoke and mirrors with these ladies.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

snare and racket, the legal employed outside of the WTBTS has to be making a killing on all these lawsuits. The legal inside? I don't know, but they could be.

The litigation is constant for decades!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Three charters are in charge. Copyright, printing, and property are held by three separate entities none which can exist without the other two. It is a Chinese finger trap that no human can usurp.

• clarity
    clarity

Not only what they sell to the captive audience

of 7+ million jw's ...but what about investments &

the Hedge Funds?

clarity

• zeb
    zeb

As we are talking about $$ could someone tell me what is bitcoin please. and as I am a computer luddite please keep it v-e-r-y simple. because if the US dollar goes arse up then all the wts money wont be worth squat. It will be 'they' "who will throw their gold into the streets." So bitcoin please.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit