No more doubts for me! Good-bye JWN! We have THE TRUTH!

by DATA-DOG 106 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

M.E.P.S. Only Jehovah could put his idea for M.E.P.S into a human mind.

But it never looked like "out of this world".

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

It does look very 1980's though.

• Rip
    Rip

Military need of the US army in cold war 1969 created INTERNET.

Publishing need of the WTBS created MEPS.

All were inspired, God bless m

• garyneal
    garyneal

Um, okay...

Yet another one goes back to the bOrg.

• jws
    jws

Wow! I never knew exactly what MEPS was before. I was actually giving them way more credit than they deserved.

When I first heard about it in the 80's, I thought it was a language translater like Google translate. English version in, any language out. Now I see it's only a means to use separate character sets like the asian characters, russian, or arabic. Somewhat impressive for the time, but not overly so. And I'd imagine it's obsolete today with Unicode.

I remember at the time writing programs for my OKIDATA dot matrix printer to be able to create font patterns and download them to the printer. Essentially, I could turn any printed character into any pattern I wanted. Print an "A" and it printed my pattern. I copied and created the font patterns from other dot matrix printers so that I could make my printouts look like they came from other printers. I don't know why, but at 16 or 17, it seemed cool to do. A way to be covert.

This is sort of the same thng. Getting a printer to use a different shaped character for different languages. Great. Something I could have done at the same time too. Me. At 16? 17? Surely if a 16 or 17 year old could do this, it wasn't the great innovation I was led to believe it was.

• Dis-Member
    Dis-Member

I knew he was joking too...

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

He is isn't he? He been posting here since.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit