No more doubts for me! Good-bye JWN! We have THE TRUTH!

by DATA-DOG 106 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mind blown
  • JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Wasbline says, " Wasn't Steve Jobs Buddist ?"

Rumor had it that Steve Jobs was studying with Jehovah's Witnesses just before he died, well for several years I guess. Shortly after beginning to studying and going to the meetings he came up with the idea of the tablet, touch screen thingy dingy. He said it was so the older ones wouldn't have to carry those big book bags and would have all the information in a light weight solution. Steve also visited Bethel and made several suggestions.

• caliber
    caliber

M.E.P.S mana from heaven .. feeding the many from one orginal "loaf of bread'

• caliber
    caliber

the Multilanguage Electronic Phototypesetting System.

The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society has printed Bible literature in various languages. Before MEPS there was no system available for printing in all languages, due largely to the economies of many countries where production of literature in their languages was not financially viable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multilanguage_Electronic_Phototypesetting_System

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

This has been an entertaing thread, honestly did you really think that DD was for real? That is one thing we get in the UK, irony. I think some of you need a sense of humour transplant.

I loved the discussion though.

• caliber
    caliber

That is one thing we get in the UK, irony. I think some of you need a sense of humour transplant.

How do the UK women feel about this irony ?

• stillin
    stillin

Oh, yeah. I knew it was a joke all along!

• LV101
    LV101

Data-Dog: Good to know you're still around.

Enjoyed reading about your meeting update. Hopefully it will decrease to 25 in attendance!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

They study the same stuff the same week all over the world. That proves that they are fittly united in one line of thought and thus are God's baby.

But they don't mention that Roman Catholics and Anglicans have their books of prayer that are read daily, around the world, same things, different languages. The Sunday masses/services/liturgies/Eucharists come from the book and there is a daily office for everyday of the year. They read the same passages from the old testament or new testament, depending on the time of year, the psalms and the gospels, all over the world. IN the Episcopal Church of the Americas, they read the same Eucharistic prayer and prayers of the people on Sundays. There are pages for weddings, funerals, baptisms, christenings, etc. etc. It's organized with some freedom to customize music, sermon, etc. And the sermons are short, 10-20 minutes and often based on something from one of the gospels. In the Episcopal Church they are usually very positive and uplifting. Hmm. That and you get to sip wine. They welcome anyone.

• Fernando
    Fernando

They do have "the truth" - their version - not the Bible's or God's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit