Christmas is WRONG!

by thesaint 75 Replies latest jw friends

• carla
    carla

Again, jw's are their own best anti-witness! fine job thesaint!

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

I’ve long believed that the pagan origins of modern day celebrations have little to do with how they should affect us today. Christmas, birthdays, toasting etc etc, are mainly celebrated by folk who haven’t a clue whether or not these customs originated from pagan people. They don’t know, neither do they care, wisely acknowledging that the origins have NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM.

Take the matter of wind chimes. The WT clearly states that the use of wind chimes is a personal decision if the MOTIVE for their use is not based on false religion, superstition or demonism. Logically therefore, this principle MUST APPLY to all situations where someone is celebrating a custom SOLELY for the pleasure of it, just as the person erecting a wind chime is doing so purely for the pleasure it gives. The WT says:

>>..it is the custom in some countries to put up wind chimes with the thought that they will keep evil spirits from entering the home. Obviously, a Christian would not make use of wind chimes for such a purpose. So if there is such a superstitious belief in one’s country, or community, it would not be wise to have a wind chime in the home. Thus no one will be stumbled or given the impression that Jehovah’s Witnesses make use of wind chimes for some unscriptural purpose.—1 Cor. 10:31-33.

• poppers
    poppers

thesaint's phraseology, not to mention his screen name, betrays him - not a real JW. The "holy Governing Body"? The "holy WatchTower publications"? Jehovah's "holy church"? Come on man! Nice try though. Even over-the-top rants brings out the looniness of the JWs so that real JW lurkers can see themselves, so thanks for that. And if by some small chance you are for real then this proves the JWs ARE religious extremists. And you've done such a good job of illustrating this I would nominate you as its poster boy.

Someone is having some fun by spreading some demented Christmas cheer to those who relish bashing (and rightfully so) the WT and its minions. Your Christmas gift to this forum is much appreciated. Happy New Year, and a belated Merry Christmas from me.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

the only fact about christmas is the pagans were worshipping the sun god's rebirth,on dec 25. so the early church changed it to the son of god's birth instead.

on the other hand i can see how getting together with your family and being generous with those less fortunate, could be linked to satanism.

the point is there is good and bad in everything.

• Hortenzie
    Hortenzie

Blah, blah, blaaaah!...

... and what poppers said about your user name.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

If Christmas is so wrong and the Watchtower Society is so right, why aren't you "obeying" their commands to stay away from apostates?

You are spending a lot of time on this site that could be spent preaching door to door. I hope one day your eyes will be opened to the real truth.

• TJ Curioso
    TJ Curioso

thesaint, maybe You need to read this:

Is Christmas Pagan or Christian?

http://4jehovah.org/is-christmas-pagan-or-christian/

What Jehovah’s Witnesses Need To Know About Christmas

http://4jehovah.org/what-jehovahs-witnesses-need-to-know-about-christmas/

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I think that was just sarcastic, but if not, you'd best run as fast as you can away from this forum before we infect you.

I don't celebrate Christmas but I am not a jerk about it.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Romans 14:1 says welcome a spiritual week one and don't argue over doubtful things. Ok So Jesus was probably not born on Dec. 25 but so what and yes that date does have pagan orgins but so does your underwear maybe. This is the thing, JW's are arguing over doubtful things an refuse to celibrate this event because of this. So while the rest of us could be and should be taking this day to acknowledge Christ and what he did and the Grace of his father for sending him. JW's do nothing!!!!!!! and go play somewhere, yes their so much more spiritual. Go F#$k your self righteous selves!!!!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Crazyguy:

I agree: it is arguing about doubtful things and in many instances JWs like to differ just for the sake of being different.

But, in the case of holidays the whole "pagan" thing is just a smokescreen for the fact that the JW religion wants its adherents to not spend time with anybody not a JW because they are threatened by any time spent away from the religion. They are simply afraid you'll walk when you realize how much better you feel around people who are not under JW mind control. Even if you weren't into the celebration or festivities, just the fact that you are around other people who are having a good time and not judging you is what bothers them.

These apologists can HAVE their religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit