Cost of new Kingdom Halls?

by Blttex 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Snare and Racket

I am not surprised...when my COBOE brother told me the RBC allowed them to benefit from negotiated pricing I had a hard time not to ask "negotiated for who's benefit". The only say the local congregation has is to chose one of two colouroptions and to pay the loan to the KH fund.

• blondie
    blondie

So if you have the cash and can arrange construction without bothering the brothers and taking them from their true responsibilities, preaching/teaching and shepherding, can you or do you get in trouble? We have several groups of jws that specialize in construction for non-jws and could easily do the work and the congregation has the cash....I take it they have to go through the RBC. So how does the RBC blackmail them into it? Can they forbid it?

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

You cant do your own build or refurbishment Blondie, also you cant say no to a refurbishment if the CO insists, which he does based on protocol i.e. When the last time it was refurbished was.

• blondie
    blondie

Ooh, they have gotten nastier about KH builds. I know about the lack of skill of the WTS in building. I heard many stories when I lived near Wallkill.

I can't even imagining buying a car without being able to know what it costs.

Another reason I would not want to be in the "paradise" as they decide what house I get.

(Isaiah 65:21, 22) . . .And they will certainly build houses and have occupancy; and they will certainly plant vineyards and eat [their] fruitage. 22 They will not build and someone else have occupancy; they will not plant and someone else do the eating.. . .

• prologos
    prologos

these are government projects, Kd-government invisible oversight projects, only bidder, insider porkbarreling? what do you expect?

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

Snare and racket is correct about the CO coming through and telling the local elders that their KH is not up to par and that a rebuild or refurbish is needed. The CO then writes this in his report to the WT.

The local elders shrug their shoulders and figure that they are behind the times and need to get with the program. They are instructed to pitch the rebuild to the congregation.

When the congregation hears the "recommendation" and are asked to vote on the proposal, they do what all good sheep do and vote positive.

The following are all designed as money making activities for the WT Society where they control the costs and demand payment without an itemized bill:

Kingdom Hall builds

Kingdom Hall insurance

Assembly Halls

Circuit Assemblies

District Conventions

Circuit/District cars and insurance

Health insurance for COs/DOs

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I know about the lack of skill of the WTS in building. I heard many stories when I lived near Wallkill.

Interesting, can you elaborate? I had always assumed that if the WTS could do anything well besides printing, it would be construction, but a brother involved with RBC told me recently that they are using outside contractors for Warwick. I assume this is already discussed somewhere here, but that came as a surprise to me. He indicated that the brothers like himself were simply not qualified to do this kind of work. It really doesn't make sense to me.

• andysmiles
    andysmiles

Here in Ontario, I heard the old guys say it was around 2 million because of land permits and yeah, our circuit likes to roll out the dough on marble floors.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

It just goes to show when you think you have heard everything, someone highlights another gem to you. I had no idea this was going on.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

......................................................................................Then We Sell Them..LOL!!..

Cost of a New Kingdom Hall,to the WBT$...........JW`s Will Buy the WBT$ More Real Estate..

.............................................................. photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit