Thoughts on going back, am I the only one that feels this way?

by excaliber 61 Replies latest jw friends

• excaliber
    excaliber

Hello everyone, I know you have heard this topic before and your probably thinking. ...NOT AGAIN lol.

But I was wondering if anyone has thought of going back for the same reasons as myself, I don't think its the truth but I searched and my conclusion is that other religions don't have the truth, they are all wrong in my opinion.

If there is no other religion to go too, why leave were I was born and raised. Also its my oppinion that kingdom hall activities can be fun now that you know its BS anyway, for example carying mics is fun when you can wait for the right moment and drop the mic on the floor making that loud beautifull BOOM sound. Joking around with your friends and wondering around during assemblies or just not going and telling everyone you did lol.

Basicly any fun thing that you ever wanted to do.... DO it because god aint looking lol.

That seems better then leaving and having no place to go because people can't understand someone born and raised JW.

• Narcissistic Supply
  • stillin
    stillin

Faking it puts too much stress on me. As it is, I'm in there trying to keep a low profile because I don't want to be DF'd, and that's still a lot on me.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Oh, yes, yoU will find people who will understand your past and will embrace you. Don't go back to a cult because you feel you won't fit in elsewhere. If you don't really believe JW bullsh!!, it will be revealed in some way, somehow, and it won't turn out well for you.

Leave on your own terms when you control the situation. If you stay, you will probably become romantically involved with someone and that will mess your life up real fast. Consider other options, please.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

You sound young and you've clearly never been hurt by this abusive religion. Good, I'm genuinely happy for you. But all your 'fun', 'joking around', 'lolling' and talk of dropped mic's might grate a little with anyone reading here who is being shunned or not listened to over serious abuses.

Sorry to lay a heavy one on you . . . . .

Welcome and keep posting

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

I've often thought about going back. It's a different situation for me though. I was born and raised in, but never got baptised as one of JW's. I'd never vow myself to a man made organization. I'm fairly straight forward about that, and I don't keep it a secret to my friends and family who are JW's. I just frame it as a matter of concience and say that i don't find it biblical. Surprisingly most people accept this very well. Of course i'd never be given priveledges or any of that BS, which I wouldn't want anyway, but I do miss giving talks and some of the folks. I don't think I could in good concience go out in service these days, as it seems service has become a tract placement race rather than teachinmg people about the good news that the bible holds.(still not even sure if that "good news" is a bunch of BS too)

however, if I was able to go back on my own terms, without being treated like a leper, I'd entertain it.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Hopefully you will find more meaningful ways to have fun and need less 'conditional' friends. Hopefully you can find some classes or interest groups that can be mentally stimulating and not just "wandering" around during assemblies, service, life, etc.

• humbled
    humbled

Put your roots down in reality.

I wasn't born-in. I have had another life--but really, excal, you may not realize this but much of life is about forming a community--not walking into one.

Who will understand you? Someone, sometime. But what happens when you live life underground so to speak, as you describe in your OP?

You seem a funny guy, a kind person. You don't sound hard to please.

Who will understand you INSIDE the Hall? Will you listen to others who marry "in the Truth"? Is that always so easy? If you have kids (it happens!)--what will you do ? Teach them the truth about your truth? Think about the ramifications.

It may be hard to think of life that is a slow-cooked meal--but convenience isn't everything. Learn to cook up your own life. You'll burn a few meals, some will taste lousey--but you will learn. And it will nourish you.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

It's common for people to feel this way, and only you can decide what's best for you. But...(You knew there had to be a but, right? )

Why do you conclude there are no better churches out there? Have you checked any out, or are going by Watchtower propaganda?

Why do you feel you must belong to a church to be happy?

What prompted to you to question your faith, and are you OK with the things you found out about it?

Will you be content to see more families torn apart by disfellowshiping and shunning

Do you want to go back just because of the comfort of the familiar?

Do you think you will never make friends out in the world?

Will you be happy to go in field service, and say things you know are untrue?

Are you realizing your life as a JW and forgetting the bad parts?

tf you do go back, make sure it's for the right reasons and you have your eyes wide open. Often when people are confronted with a major life change they unconsciously sabotage their plans due to fear of the unknown. I lived in limbo for years, my heart just wasn't in it, but I was afraid of dealing with it. I finally made a break because of an intolerable martiage and yes, it was scary, I felt like I was jumping off a cliff. But I survived and got on with my life, and my only regret is not doing it sooner.

Lisa Rose

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The only thing I have thought about going back (and not under force) would be curiosity. The sole benefit would be to know how many witlesses that were witlesses when I left are still witlesses. And how many that didn't move into the territory while already witlesses, not children of witlesses, have been baptized. I would like to see whether boasting session attendance has dwindled into the 30s, or even lower, or if it is booming toward the 150 mark.

Now, with that being the sole benefit (I do not believe it is the truth or that any of the advice they give is useful beyond common sense), what is the cost? Being hounded, being one more in attendance to see how low it is (if everyone attends to see attendance in the 30s, it is not going to stay in the 30s for long), being hounded to give money to the congregation, being expected to live up to their standards, do regular field circus, worry myself sick about "sun worship" music, attend a$$emblies, take time off from work to attend a$$emblies, and getting hounded to cut back on work just as a financial storm is on the horizon. And, any attempt I make to prepare for that storm being trashed. Got silver? Outside, the worst is I buy at 24 toilet papers only to have it knocked to 18 next week. The witlesses think it is "not trusting joke-hova", and ban it or want it donated (they get the benefit when it finally finds its fair price of 900 billion toilet papers). Got LED lights? Materialism. Got a good flashlight for blackouts? A good emergency lighting system? "Not trusting joke-hova", materialism. Wasted time sitting at boasting sessions and in field circus, not to mention Family Waste the Evening Night.

For me, the cost far exceeds the benefit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit