What Am I thinking?????

by butalbee 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• butalbee
    butalbee

With all the recent hog wash going on in my life, I can't believe I am even entertaining this notion. Everybody on this board knows how I feel about this path, these beliefs, and here I am thinking, pondering wondering, maybe Jehovahs witnesses do have something to offer me, maybe I need their 'close nit' love inside their congregations? Maybe I could see the truth, if I only opened my eyes to it and tried to accept it??? Or let it in my heart, and stopped fighting it? Maybe JW is a realm for me in my future? What damage could it really do? Beside ruining every view and personal, spiritual and etheral belief I have of God.....OMG, me lost tonight. See this is what happens when I actually READ these wt/awakes instead of just lining my cat box w/ them. Oh, wow, need some serious help here, for I feel a bible study coming on.........................

• LB
    LB

Yikes Butal, you hitting the sauce again?

The have a nice slick sales presentation don't they? So do cigarette companies.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• Beans
    Beans

Ok Bee, wake up now! What you need is a few wordly friends and a little more indecent acts! But seriously ask yourself what you have learned here? Yes there is the little family of close knit friends but who wants to be part of that gossip committee?

I urge you as a friend to research your decision!

http://www.Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com/

and also check out all the other links at the bottom of this page!

Love Beans

• butalbee
    butalbee

I know, I know. But what if? I mean, all the research I've done, all the screwed up, half ass emotions I've felt about them, what if, by some odd force of nature, they do have this 'truth' thing? OMG--yeah I'm hitting the sauce again.

And yeah, everything I've learned here, I cherish, but the hell do I still find myself thinking these thoughts--once in a blue moon--but OMG--I'm feeling that weird sensation again, crawling up my spine, sinking in my skin like some disease. Oh, wow, time for another drink, perhaps?????

• Beans
    Beans

This is what I think Bee, hey I don`t believe it for a second but as you say "what if"? I think that if you are good and treat people as you wish to be treated you will be saved. And will all the people before Jehovahs Witneses that were good be saved also? Sure why not!

Love Beans

• butalbee
    butalbee

You're always here for me Beans!!!! Thank you.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Butalbee,

Me, I'm a recovering alcoholic, I've been clean and sober now for
    8 1/2 years. The little alkie still lives in me though. Maybe it wasn't as bad as I thougt. Maybe I can handle it now. Maybe I just talked myself into believing I'm an Alkie. If I go slow, stop at two drinks all the time, no problem, right?

Maybe it'd be ok if I just sniffed at this bottle of Scotch, ya think? What will one taste hurt. Man, I can remember that warm glow from the first Scotch and water with a twist of lime. Man, remember how great it was to get a mild scotch buzz, the whole world was mellow and seemed right. NOW WAY would I overdue it now. I know better. Shit, I'm pouring me one, hell, why not, once bitten twice shy, right? No way I'll mess this up. ALCOHOL ISN"T A PROBLEM FOR ME< I CAN HANDLE IT.
    mAN, THET WAZZZ A GOOOOOOOOOOODD BOTTTLLLLLLLLOF SCOTS, WHAD HPPENED TO TI, HWYY WHO TH E HEL DRAK ALLL MY LIKCER. i DN'T FILLLSO GOOOD.

I think the same thing happens with some Former dubs, they're addicted to it, and the farther removed from it they become, the less evil it seems. One drink they think we think we can handle, maybe even two (after all, we have two hands) It's the first one that gets us every time though.

Line your kitty litter box with the WT, better yet, don't have em in the house at all.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Have you lost your mind?

How does a group which in no uncertain terms says they are Gods only true organization and inspired by God change their minds every few years on topics such as organ transplants, blood transfusions, rape, oral sex, etc. ?

How do they denounce the United Nations as the "wild beast" in Revelation, then register as an NGO which is under the condition of accepting the charter of the UN for membership? An excuse doesnt matter, you cannot depict something as the very tool Satan uses.. then join it. You can get much more eye-opening and hypocritical than that.

How do they divide families, murder children... and promote a shunning policy yet define themselves as "the most loving people on Earth"?

How do they gossip and slander one another in the name of reputation, yet denounce having a loose tongue?

How do they presume to be as the Pharisees of the 1st century and enforce man-made laws and regulations BEYOND what the Bible teaches? Even in something as trivial as facial hair or clothing?

How do they purposely have laws set into place which cover over pedophilia and child molesters for the sake of preserving the image of the organization?

And you sit here and tell yourself "what if" they have the "Truth"?

Are you insane?

It is not religious persecution for an informed person to expose publicly a certain religion as being false, thus allowing persons to see the difference between false religion and true religion.
    WT 11/15/1963 page 688 paragraph 3

• Beans
    Beans

This link is for you Bee, right from the Watchtower http://quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com/exclusivity.htm

Love Beans

• LB
    LB
    what if, by some odd force of nature, they do have this 'truth' thing?

One little thought I'll leave you with on this point. The truth is a constant. It never changes. Always the same butal. The truth isn't adjusted to cover up mistakes.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit