What Am I thinking?????

by butalbee 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby

What damage could it really do?

The fact that you are considering going back is PROOF they have already damaged you!

Fear and intimidation. Cyg is going thru the same crap.
    "If I come back....I'll have all the love from family and friends again"............what a pisspoor reason!

You'd better think REAL HARD about this one.

• SloBoy
    SloBoy

One of the gifts of being out from WTBS control is the opportunity to meet people/groups that believe in the freedom of letting others learn at their own pace. To allow others this process seems to be a true test of love and faith in somehthing greater than me. I most often can't choose my teachers or my lessons, so I say thank-you all for your contributions.

• bitter mango
    bitter mango
    Bea--I can't believe you really think that low of me? And yeah, I know ya said maybe.......I didn't post this to get a ton of replies, I could really give a rat's ass if anyone even replied, I'm just way confused, and I thought I would come here for help.........You comment really cut to the bone.

sorry bee, didn't mean to offend, i just thought you were a lot more INTELLIGENT than to think of joining such a crazy organization! you know better than to even consider that the org has anything positive to offer you. take up a painting class .

the scalpel shines in god's sunshine
    street lights whisper pain
    down here near the poison stream our god has gone insane

• Xander
    Xander

Sorry butal, with bea on this one.

Do something else. There are lots of support groups out there if you need support (you apparently do).

Whether it be classes, a nice UU church, or actual counseling - ANYTHING is better than the JWs.

Hell, I could name a few cults that were better than the JWs. At least most of them don't require you to die over doctrine that might be changed.

Xander F
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Ohio order)

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

ButalBee... I spent many years staying in the borg even though I was having serious 'crises of conscience'. I stayed because of that 'family' atmosphere - that 'caring' - that 'belonging'. It all ended in a whole lot of pain. It was illusion. I just wanted to believe SO bad.
    What they do is prey on your weaknesses. By doing that, they get inside your head and make you question yourself. It's poison ButalBee - and illusion. We all get vunerable, but this is the last group you want taking advantage of that. Look at the experiences on this board. Do you honestly think this stuff won't happen to you if you join? Save yourself honey - run the other way from them and put up a serious bulls**t deflector.

hugs,
    Mimilly

• butalbee
    butalbee

I swear I change my mind more times than the WTBTS. This urge to join the clan of brothers and sisters has simmered......I'm back to giving the elders the finger when they drive by....

• BobsGirl
    BobsGirl

My own personal freedom came when I realized that I would rather swallow the muzzle of a gun than have to live in eternity with those rules and that god.

Once I realized that they had nothing to offer me .... I soon realized that whether they were right or not, I had nothing to gain from them and nothing left to lose.

BobsGirl

"May the work of your hands be a sign of gratitude and reverence to the human condition." - Mahatma Gandhi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit