What are you doing on Christmas day?

by Jen1 36 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I was a young "publisher" in his first year after baptism, and I went out on Christmas. Some folks mentioned being "with family" at the moment and I appreciated that this was a bad idea, this recruiting on holidays. Since then, I never went out on Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years and certainly not Halloween. Never again. I didn't tell others not to do it, so it didn't really hinder my climbing the JW ladder.

As an elder, I remember the service overseer encouraging an outing to the cemetary on Memorial Day. I was disgusted and just said, "NO, I won't be there." Some asked me why and I answered the individuals on how the mourning and the reflecting people need to be left totally alone in a cemetary, IN MY OPINION.

I have to work on December 25th this year. Don't cry for me. It'll be great and I get holiday pay. My non-JW family is gathering to exchange gifts on the 23rd. I am encouraging my JW wife to come along for the meal and she will hop in the car and go to the local Starbucks when we do the gift thing.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Am traveling and will be with friends. I hope there will be good food. I will make sure there is good wine.

What ever happens, life is good. I hope all have a merry christmas.

• label licker
    label licker

Don't know Don't care

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Kinda wierd for Balaamsass and me. All our family are Jws except my daughter who lives very far away. I spent 4 days with her at thanksgiving so won't be able to see her at Christmas. As faders we are stuck. No lights, no tree, no friends. I'll probably cook a turkey or ham for us then go see a movie. I'm sad at this time because I know our familys are having their usual get togethers without us.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

I will be listening to my sister sing at Mass (she's a cantor). After that, there's opening gifts and a big family dinner at her house.

• humbled
    humbled

Get our under our roof 4 grown sons who live near and our youngest daughter from afar along with any friends they want to bring. Eat a turkey with trimmings and fresh bread, (hopefully mend some fences that need mending) enjoy one another. And...watch a marionette show that I will present for their entertainment. That may either laugh with me or at me--I don't care.

There has been a lot of hurt in the family. I just want them to find their way back to each other.

Happy Christmas and have a lovely time together!---Maeve

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Watching my beautiful kids open their first ever Christmas presents. I will spend Christmas Eve putting together a kitchen play set for my daughter, and then loosely wrapping it so she can easily tear into it- she’s a year and a half. Then after the presents are opened, I will probably set up the Wii U I got for my son… Shhhh…he doesn’t know… and play Zombie-U and the new Mario Brothers game with him until we go to Mrs. Dazed’s sisters house for ham and turkey dinner. Eat way too much and come home and pass out.

I can’t believe your “loving” eldumasses want to ruin the mornings of so many people. If I remember right, each hall I was in – in the past – would always be mindful not to disturb people on their “worldly holidays.” It would be the least affective day for service. “Yeah, lets go piss off more than the usual number of people by ruining their holiday celebrations…YEA!”

If a local elder or group came knocking on my door Christmas morning, I’d want to punch the guy out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit