Do You Give A Sh*t About "Duck Dynasty"?

by minimus 41 Replies latest social entertainment

• DJS
    DJS

I've never watched it but I don't care for or watch shows about rednecks. I'm glad the patriarch is being suspended from the show for his anti-gay remarks. Much deserved.

• fresh prince of ohio
    fresh prince of ohio

I watched a few minutes of it last night, just to see what all the fuss was about. One of the guys caught a turtle for his wife, I guess to keep as a pet. Then she asked him to catch another. Then the old guy was riding on a scooter down some road and some other guys from the clan came up alongside him in this badazz black pickup truck and they started arguing about something.

Yeah, that was 3 or 4 minutes i'll never get back. LOL

• minimus
    minimus

NY44, LOL

You lie. You didn't have to look it up. You have the Chia Duck Dynasty collection!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

There's this show, I believe it's called "Swamp People." When I first saw it, I thought it was hilarious that they had to use closed captioned "English" to help viewers understand the "English" spoken by these people. But beyond that, I saw little value in such a show. It turned me off from even having a look at similar stuff.

Duck Dynasty, I never tried. I ain't no snob, I do watch television. But there is so much junk out there, none of them should take themselves so seriously as if their opinions matter.

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

So Duck Dynasty is a show about a bible thumpin' preacher(phil Robertson) who invented a duck call and made millions for himself and his family. I repeat A SOUTHERN BIBLE THUMPING FIRE AND BRIMSTONE PREACHER! And A&E is somehow surpised at these remarks in the GQ piece? He's been saying these things from the pulpit for years. I don't buy it. This is a publicity stunt. Nothing more, nothing less. The new season starts in a couple weeks. It's brilliant really. I mean we're talking about DD on JW.net for Christ's sake.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDHr8GR-e-4

• d
    d

The more we talk about them the more publicity they get. So in the end it works out for them.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I apologize in advance, but I have a dilemma I know you can set straight for me.

Mr. Robertson compared homosexuality to beastiality. And people were up in arms. But here is my question:

Some of the same arguments apply: Is it about loving whom you love? So if you and your horse love each other and want to have relations, who is to say you nay (or neigh)? Is there a judgment that loving an animal is somehow wrong or - unnatural?

How does one counter the argument that if loving a member of the same sex is "natural" then loving a member of the animal kingdom can be as well? Where is the line drawn?

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Well, I draw the line at bestiality.

• Hummingbird001
    Hummingbird001

I didn't give a Shit about it until someone on Facebook posted a picture of the dude, saying "Like and share if you agree with this guy that gays should go to hell."

I unfriended the person for the same reasons I'm not friends with the Westboro Baptist Church.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Turned it off halfway through the winery episode and never watched it again. The script writers should be thrown back into their swamp.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit