Do You Give A Sh*t About "Duck Dynasty"?

by minimus 41 Replies latest social entertainment

• Satanus
    Satanus

Pps, no offense to pre duck dynasty beard guys.

S

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

I love it!!! You have to be from the south (or Southern at heart) to appreciate all the inside jokes, etc. I have a neighbor, that is very nice, and he looks and acts like the "Duck" family members! LOL! He has the beard and hunts and fishes all the time. So, I grew up around these kind of people.

Here is a video of some Southern Women expressing themselves and I understand every word! LOL!

http://biggeekdad.com/2013/12/southern-women-talk-part-4/

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Haven't seen DD, but I lived in the city across the river from them, for about a year. My former husband, the 2nd one, grew up in West Monroe. He's super excited about the show. He and his cousins all sported beards when they strayed from the JWs. He's not funny, but he's got at least 6 cousins who look and sound like Larry the Cable Guy.

Swalker, I'm southern born and raised. I was taught to speak properly. My mother made us pay her nickels everytime we used bad grammar. I can sound more refined, but I can ham it up like the women in your video link. I'd keep it a little more classy though. I don't do 'possum humor, not some at all. Yayis dahlin', I am a sissyfied city girl mostly, so I have never, ever cooked a squirrel, though I have cooked up some venison. Don't eat the stuff, but I have cooked it. I wish I hadn't moved around the country so much. Then I'd have kept that very regal, almost lock jaw, Mobile, coastal drawl. I tell people I am from cosmopolitan Alabama, because I come from Mobile. I owe my life to Auburn University. My parents met when they were students at AU.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Most of us southern women are true southern belles though. We are more like the ladies of Designing Women. We are like women everywhere really, we just do it with southern charm and a bit of sashay.

Forward past the intro to :52.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRf5XzHBFVw

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

not in the least, barely enough to look at this post but ehh...it was in the news this morning

• KateWild
    KateWild

Never even heard of the Robertson family with beards. Cantleave any relation? You have a beard, but I think you need a leather jacket and a bandana to fit in. Kate xx

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I have never seen the show. I noticed that there is a lot of DD merchandise out there this Christmas, so obviously there are fans. I don't watch a lot of reality TV, I don't think there is anything wrong with it, I just don't care for it that much.

I knew some southern bells in the antique business, they sure knew how to pour on the charm, but they were tough as nails when it came to money, you did not want to be at the receiving end of that. I used to call them the Steel Magnolias.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Lisa, like I said, southern belles are like any other women, we just do with it with a little style. When I think of steel magnolias, I think of how tough all women are, beneath that feminine surface. I remember the song by Alice Cooper: Only Women Bleed. I loved going garage sale-ing in the south because it was fun to find treasures and then fun to negotiate a price.

• minimus
    minimus

They will make interesting Halloween costumes for next year.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I had to check Wikipedia to find out what you are talking about. It sounds like a very engaging tv show that is sure to lower your IQ with every viewing. How many episodes have you seen, Min?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit