DEC 2013 WT Article - Slave for Jehovah - warning: ranting ahead

by ohnightdivine 33 Replies latest jw friends

• ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

This morning's WT study almost made me vomit, stand up, pick up my bag and rush to the door.

Of course it never happened. Instead, I was able to make some nice drawings on my tablet and notepad.

If you replace the name Jehovah with Watchtower, or the Governing 8 Men, it would really make sense.

What's up with all that nonstop guilt-mongering about education and having a decent job?!

Most people look down on the uneducated, and I remember, when I didn't have a job, nobody cared!

Now, having a corporate job is evil?!

Someone even commented that "business people may think that being dressed up and giving presentations is cool, but we know it is not". What the heck. The pinnacle of misjudging people. Wow.

And during the ending prayer, the elder prayed for the ELDERS, THE MINISTERIAL SERVANTS, AND THE PIONEERS. No one else. See, this just confirms the hierarchy and how they think of themselves as elite, and the rest as nobodies.

So farting tired of all of this crap I'm exposing myself to.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

It is indeed, a load of bollocks. A seriously f++ked up WT. A real lulu.

It was this summer, my husband was facing redundancy. The elders told us to pray about it and leave it in Jehovah's hands. BUT they also did'nt want him to keep his job, as he works some weekends and is too tired to make the mid-week meeting. He did keep his job because he puts 100% into his work and will often help out his boss when he needs. He's gained a Masters Degree which his employer paid for and is treated well by his boss.

The elders suggested he should look for another job because they did'nt think her was cultivating his spirituality. He was only at the study stage, thank God BUT what right have they got to tell him that? Do they not realise that good jobs and bosses are hard to come by?? They live up their own backsides. There is a self righteous fat little pioneer who lives on disability benefit that kept suggesting this. Talk about living in an ivory tower.

I hate them and all their small minded little ways.

• zeb
    zeb

I loved that being "all dressed up"... in suits?

• hijosdelawatch
    hijosdelawatch

In fact, the picture in pages 14 and 15 can be the life of anyone working. Most of people in the 21st centry have to work with computers. Is it bad to show slides in Power Point?

I like the picture about the WT way of life. The way they compare it with a normal life is clever. They are expressing the reality: working for the borg is just like working for a company. Actually, the WT IS a company. There's nothing spiritual or mystical on it. The Borg's life is empty, even more than dedicating exclusively for a business.

• Faithful Witness
    Faithful Witness

Haven't read this article.

When we were studying and examining the JW religion, we stumbled upon TTATT and asked our study conductor (big wig elder) about it. His reaction caused us to quit attending meetings and he transferred our study to another, less experienced JW.

The elder came by about two months later, read us the parable of the seed sower. He accused us of being choked out by weeds, and too busy "chasing riches" to progress in the kingdom. My husband pointed out that a man is supposed to provide for his family, but of course that argument did not hold water.

Funny comment about "dressing up," since the JW's all dress beyond their means. I never met such flashy people. Living in a rural county, they really stand out in their spike heels and skirts. The knee high fashion boots in wintertime... I remember sisters who had several pairs of expensive boots, always wearing them with skirts that showed their knees.

• ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

Exactly. They are essentially mocking most people who work for companies. Apparently, working for the Borg overtime using computer or presenting ideas via slides is not harmful??

Faithful Witness, yes they do dress up beyond their means. Dressing up to impress people is not just among the 'worldly' that they despise.

I really regret wasting my gas to attend today's meeting. If I had read the article in advance, I would've known better.

• designs
    designs

Have you noticed the trend in primary education in the US over the past 50 years, it gives us a hint about what it takes to control the masses. In my father's generation he learned and memorized Chaucer, what High Schooler today has even heard of Chaucer.

The GB could not handle an organization of well educated free thinkers. What they have left are people whose education was based on learning by rote and suppression of critical thinking skills.

• roger0518
    roger0518

JWs view higher education as part of the world. JWs are discouraged to attend university but university educated individuals

have defend JWs in court (lots of pedo stuff). Thats how you "rely on Jehovah", you use the world

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

"farting tired" - !!!!! Excellent phrase, one which I plan to use in everyday life from now on!

Ya gotta bear in mind that we're not exposing ourselves to it in any real sense anymore, it's just bouncing off our awakened brains, we have aposta-shields!

I foresee (for me personally) a LONG time yet before I can either quit or convince the missus to quit and I follow (perfect scenario). But apart from the wasted time, I'm not TOOOOO bothered as long as the end justifies the means.

Farting tired of it though..

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

OHNIGHTDIVINE - I felt the exact same. The recent letter begging for skilled Witnesses (obviously with degrees) to volunteer their expertise for free in the construction of the new UK Branch is unbelievable hypocrisy.

Higher education is being vilified as part of Satan's system, therefore, no brother or sister with a degree should ever receive privileges from those who condemn such qualifications!

The G.B. is teaching their own Pharisaic-style false traditions, and making God's Word invalid!!

I've come to the conclusion that such men do not believe the Bible - it is merely the means by which they and their wives have a very privileged and guaranteed existence!

FDS - Get out and pioneer for 70 hours per month and set the example! And while you're at it, get a window-cleaning round to support you and you wives, as cited in today's Watchtower.

(1 Timothy 6:6) "[this] godly devotion along with self-sufficiency." Practice what you preach - be self-sufficient!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit