DEC 2013 WT Article - Slave for Jehovah - warning: ranting ahead

by ohnightdivine 33 Replies latest jw friends

• will-be-apostate
    will-be-apostate

@WTWizard: I hope none of that is true, the collapse thing. They can't just press the reset button, can they?

About the wt study: I was sitting there and having a big smile while looking at the elder on the stage.

• VM44
    VM44

What issue of the Watchtower had the article for today?

Edited to add: The December 2013 study issue, as indicated in this thread's subject title!

I am still thinking of when the Watchtower came out twice a month with only one version for everyone to read.

• VM44
    VM44

For some reason I cannot find the article.

Could someone point me to the exact issue?

I am curious in what light The Watchtower is putting on the use of powerpoint presentations.

Edited to add: Found it. The October 15, 2013 issue.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

WTWizard:

Using astrology, I guess sometime between the late fall of 2014 and early spring 2015 is the collapse.

I was not using "astrology," but I reached a similar conclusion to you. See here. (BTW, I took your "astrology" as toungue-in-cheek.)

Take Care

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

"I really regret wasting my gas to attend today's meeting. If I had read the article in advance, I would've known better."

I feel the same way. Many Sundays I don't wake my wife up in time for the meeting. She asks me, "why did you wake me?"

I respond "Because you were sleeping". I really want to say 'I don't want you to waste gas going to the meetings'.

When I go I get magazines and boxes they came in and then put it in my paper recycling bin to take to paper recycling since they pay 2.5 cents per pound for it.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

"I really regret wasting my gas to attend today's meeting. If I had read the article in advance, I would've known better."

I feel the same way. Many Sundays I don't wake my wife up in time for the meeting. She asks me, "why did you wake me?"

I respond "Because you were sleeping". I really want to say 'I don't want you to waste gas going to the meetings'.

When I go I get magazines and boxes they came in and then put it in my paper recycling bin to take to paper recycling since they pay 2.5 cents per pound for it.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

the searcher:

Yes, the religion that knocks college is filled with hypocrisy when it asks for skilled volunteers, knowing their skills are gotten by attending college.

I always said that the religion doesn't care if somebody goes to college, as long as the RELIGION can directly benefit from their education! Otherwise, the religion couldn't care less if somebody starved to death.

Get wise lurkers!

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Billy the Ex-Bethelite,

Thanks for posting that link. I haven't read a Watchtower in over 19 years, and I can see that I am not missing anything!

(PS: The expression "They ought to be shot with a ball of their own $h!# comes to mind here!)

Bill.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

You don't need higher education. You need a fucking bulldozer and big heavy equipment that the WT will never buy.

Let's move forward. shall we. these guys are ignorant beyond words.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit